Chapter 33

~*~ Acre's POV ~*~

"Look how little..." Joey whispered, tears in his eyes as he visibly restrained himself from reaching for the baby. It was so cute seeing him this excited. He'd been losing his mind all week because of how close she was to the due date, and now he finally got to meet the baby.

"Come here, Sweetheart, you can come say hi." Marilyn laughed as Mik helped her sit on the couch. They'd tried to keep her in the med room and in bed another day but she refused on the terms that Joey needed to meet his brother and it was not happening in the med room. No one dared to argue.

"Hi, Ethan," Joey whispered. "Hi, Baby. You look a little bit like a mouse, but you're still cute."

"I told you, babies take a while to become cute. They're like wrinkly rats when they're born." Marilyn laughed, patting the seat next to her.

"He's not a rat! Don't say that! He's a mouse, a much cuter version of a rat." Joey demanded before focussing back on the baby. "I can't believe your mom just called you a wrinkly rat. I'm going to make sure you know that when you grow up."

"Already starting trouble and he's not even a day old. You've got the big brother thing down." Mik patted his shoulder before turning to Atticus and I as we stood in the archway with his arms wrapped around my torso. "Natalie has started dilating, which means it could be any time now. Do you have a plan for her once the baby is here?"

"Yes," I answered, holding onto Atticus for support. "Once she's born, the bitch gets two weeks of recovery but she stays in her room. I don't want her leaving and winding up dead in a ditch from something that's only going to cause me more trouble. After the two weeks, she'll be sent away. I don't care where, just not here."

Mik nodded once before walking over and sitting next to Joey, who now had the little guy in his arms as he cooed at him as he rocked him gently. He'd been so worried about not knowing what to do with Brynlee once she was here, to the point a few days ago he told me only Atticus and I should be her Dad's because he'd mess up. It was over not knowing how to change a diaper too. I told him that wasn't happening and he'd be her Dad as well and he finally agreed when I FaceTimed Lindy and had her show Joey on Jazmine. But watching him with Ethan, I knew he'd be just fine.

"You know what would be so fun?" Atticus whispered in my ear, still wrapped around me but just comfortably holding me and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Hm?"

"If we could knock up Joey. Just think how hot he'd look if we could get him pregnant and he could have a bunch more babies of ours."

I actually had to turn to look at him, squinting as if that would make me understand better what the actual fuck he was talking about.

"Did you take something? Are you on some kind of drug right now? Why the hell are you talking like that?"

"What? You don't think it would be so fun to knock him up and have a bunch of our own little babies running around?"

"I don't know what kind of reality you think this is, but no matter how much you try, it's not gonna happen." I rolled my eyes.

"What's not gonna happen?" Joey asked, now cuddled up to Marilyn with Ethan asleep in his arms.

"Atticus wants to knock you up." I blurted out before he could stop me.