Chapter 5

Alessandro

I watch her as she laughs. The gracious sound leaving her lips, her head tilts back, her pink lips are parted and her green eyes sparkles under the sun.

It's hard to believe she's actually fucking here.

"Violeta, want a slice of cake?" My mom asks. Most of the guests have left leaving us with the rest of the cake and treats.

"Yes, please." She takes the plate from my mom.

"You know Violet has babies inside her." Niko grins. Mamma and Jenna look at Niko, "you can't say that!" His mom scolds.

"But she told me! That's why she can't jump, she has this much." He grins showing us two fingers.

Mamma and Jenna look at her to which she grins and nods. "Two?" Mamma smiles. "Double congratulations."

"Thank you, Freya." She laughs as my mom hugs her.

"Two babies." Jenna squeals. "Aw, mini Violet's."

Between all of us we finish all the cake before my mom leaves. "Can we watch a movie?" Niko pouts. "I don't want Brie, vivi, or Oaks to leave can they say for a small bit?"

They all melt at Nikos pout.

We end up pushing both couches together throwing on some blankets. Violet hops on, snuggling into the big puffy blanket. "It's very warm." She sighs.

I plop down next to her after turning off all the lights.

"Finding Nemo!" Niko cheers as the movie starts.

Violet shivers, pulling the blanket closer to her body. "Cold?"

"Mhm." She mumbles. "Come here." I pull her body close to mine, tucking the blanket against her side. Her head drops to my chest as she lets out a sigh.

Throughout the movie her body would go still then jolt, "go to sleep if you're tired." I whisper, running my fingers through her hair.

She nods shifting herself to a more comfortable position. My hand slides down her back stopping at her waist, my fingers laying against her stomach feeling the little bump rise.

My eyes fall down to her covered stomach. A smile pulls at my lips, more Violet Balenciaga in the world the best possible thing.

"We're leaving." Mateo says breaking me away from my thoughts. A sleeping Niko lays in his arms.

"Drive safely." I nod.

"Oh fuck." Oakley mumbles looking at a sleeping Violet and a sleeping Brielle.

"You all can stay. There's a few set up guest room you guys can take." He nods appropriately as he picks up Brielle.

I lift Violet off the couch making sure her entire body is covered by the blanket. She grumbles moving around to snuggle into my chest. My heart fucking flutters the entire way up the stairs.

I walk into the room directly across from mine, setting her on the bed. She whines, stirring in her sleep. She reaches for something, her eyebrows furrowing.

I quietly walk to the door switching off the light. "No." She says starling me. "Leave it on." Her voice lowers.

I flicker the lights back on seeing her eyes still closed. "Aless?"

"What's wrong, amore?" I walk back to the bed sitting on the edge.

"Where you going?" She mumbles.

"Just across the hall." I assure. She nods slowly. "I'm uncomfortable can you bring me something to wear?"

"Of course, I'll be right back." I dash into my room grabbing sweats and a shirt. Violet lays on the bed, both hands on her stomach as she stares at the ceiling.

"Here you go." She perks up grabbing the clothes. "Can you leave the door open and the light on when you leave?" Her eyes hold an anxious glint making me worried. "Of course, I'm just across your door if you need anything." She nods and disappears into the bathroom.

I walk back to my room, leaving the door unlock in case she needs something. I lay in bed staring up at the ceiling. Restless is the only word to describe how I feel. How am I supposed to fall asleep when she's across the hall?

A groan of frustration leaves my lips as I quickly get out of bed. I pull a towel from the closet and head to the bathroom.

Taking a cold long shower should help. I strip off my clothes throwing them into the hamper, stepping under the cold stream of water.

I throw my head back sighing as the cold water slides down my abdomen. My head hits the wall behind me as I let the water hit my body.

I wash my hair and body before turning off the water and wrapping the towel around my waist. I wipe my mirror clean and brush my teeth before exiting the bathroom.

Stepping out of the threshold I freeze seeing Violet curled up on my bed. She sits up sniffling. Her eyes run down my body stopping at my lower stomach. I would probably smirk or comment on it, if it wasn't for the fact she has tears running down her face.

"Amore? What's wrong?" I get closer to her, her eyes follow my movements.

"Can I stay here please?" She whispers. "Of course," I murmur wiping her tears away. "Let me get dressed ok?" She nods as I grab clothes.

Once I'm dressed I return to Violet in the same position I left her. Her eyes are red and puffy making me worry. "You alright?" I ask her grabbing my pillow from the bed.

She looks at me with wide eyes. "Where are you going?"

"Just to the couch." I nod to the couch beside the closet.

"Can't you stay?" She whispers pulling on my wrist.

"You sure?" I murmur eyeing the space next to her. She nods scooting over. "Want me to turn on the light?"

"No it's fine, just lay there." I get into bed next to her tensing when her bare leg brushes against my arm.

"It was too hot." She mumbles flushing. I smile pulling her by the waist next to me. "Tell me what's wrong."

"Just a nightmare." She shrugs. I clear her face of all her hair soaking in her features. Even in the dark I can see her precious green eyes and luscious pinks lips. The little brown beauty mark sits above her left eyebrow. Exactly the same as before. Her long brown hair lays messily over my arm and the bed.

"Was it bad?" I ask her, running my thumb over her cheeks. She nods, hesitantly. "I always get them."

"About what?" Her body tenses and she stuffs her face into my chest.

"I don't want to talk about it, goodnight Aless."

"Goodnight, Amore." I kiss the crown of her head feeling her body fall limp with sleep.