Chapter 19

Alessandro

"Look again." My voice comes out cold and malice making Jake pale. Leo, Rowan, and Dante are preparing for tonight's bust hence why Jake is filling in for Leo. He doesn't work for shit. "What the fuck are you standing there for!" I slam my fist against my desk, finally snapping.

I tried being patient, I tried being calm. It's not Jake's fault that Violet's rapist has disappeared off the fucking face of the Earth.

He's out there roaming freely while Violet gets torment every night by what he did to her. He lives in peace as she's paranoid every second of every day knowing there's a video out there of him doing despicable things to her.

"I've tried sir. Nothing's popping up." Jake shakes as the glass in my hand flies to the wall, shattering beside his head. "Get the fuck out of my face, or the next time it won't be the wall that the glass hits." He swallows thickly, turning on his heel and disappearing down the hall.

I clutch my phone tightly in my hand, dialing the number of the one person who can make me feel better.

"Hey!" My anger fades away as my lips curl into a smile. "I was just about to call you to wish you good luck on your thing later today."

"Thank you." She immediately made me feel better without even knowing it. "Are busy?"

"Nope." She lets out a long breath. "I just got home. I was helping Julie and Grey put everything away." A few days ago Violet took them grocery shopping today she took them to buy things for around the house. She insists that it's not a big deal or that anyone would do it, she has the purest heart. "Why? You ok?"

"I'm better now." I sit back into my chair, spinning in circles. "I do miss you though, can I go over tonight?"

"Of course." Her smile bleeds into her words. "I'd love that. And so would Milo." A second later the sound of soft purring reaches my ears. "He's sleeping." She whispers.

"I'm sure he would." I chuckle. "I'll be over as soon as I get back ok? Stay safe, amore."

"No you stay safe. Lord knows what you're off to do right now. Shooting, fighting, stabbing. Oh Jesus, be safe and promise you'll make it home." She mumbles something under hear breath making me suppress a chuckle.

"I promise I'll make it back, and be safe." I assure her, "as long as you are."

"I'm very safe. Just me and milo." She starts mumbling in a high pitch voice towards the cat.

A knock lands on the door before Rowan peeks his head in. He points to the time nodding his head to the side.

"I have to go amore." I sigh, not wanting to hang up. "I'll see you later yes?"

"Yup, bye. Say bye to daddy." She murmurs the last part and a meow reaches my ears followed by Violets laugh. Every time she laughs it makes me want to say some stupid shit and make it happen again. "Bye." My face contorts into the biggest smile as I hang up.

"You're fucked." Rowan snickers as we head to the weaponry room. I smack him upside the head making him sober up. "Says you who checks their phone every five minutes."

"Shut up." He mumbles, scratching the back of his neck.

"Who is it anyway?" He clears his throat looking away. "Considering she only texted me once and it was a thank you I'd say nobody." He frowns making me feel some sympathy.

"Text her then." I shrug as we reach the room. Dante and Leo stand by the table checking the chambers of the guns.

"Easy for you to say. Your woman is in love with you already." He scowls.