Chapter 8

Violet

My throat burns, my head pounds, and I have the worst heartburn ever. I've been up since five in the morning puking out all my guts. And to top it off I woke up by a stupid nightmare.

All I want is my vanilla ice cream. It's all I want. I forgot to go grocery shopping and I'm all out. I'm a hormonal mess crying over the fact I have no more ice cream.

With no control over my tears I make my way to the couch, wrapping my self in a blanket. I choose a random movie to watch, hoping to get rid of my tears.

I grab my phone from the table to text Brie and Oak before I forget.

I'm not going to work today. I don't feel good.

As soon as my messages sends Brie calls me immediately. "What's wrong?"

"Just don't feel good." I mumble into the phone, sniffling.

"Oh, V." She mumbles. "Do you need anything? Oak and I can get it for you." She knows I value my space during these days that I feel horrible.

"No it's ok." I take a deep breath in feeling my eye lids become heavy. "I might take a nap hopefully I'll feel better."

"No stupid!" She whispers to Oak who asks a question. "Stop it!" She scolds.

"Want us to call Ale-," the phone goes quiet before Brie talks again. "Sorry bout that." She chuckles. Even though I prefer being alone, I strangely wouldn't mind him being here.

"It's ok." I frown feeling the warm tears falling down my cheeks. Usually they would have stopped by now.

"What happened?" Her voice is gentle, "you're crying." I hear the frown in her voice. "Did you have a nightmare?"

"Yea." I mumble picking at my nails. "It woke me up, haven't been able to sleep since. My morning sickness is at its worst. I also wanted ice cream but I didn't have any." My lip trembles at the mention of ice cream. Stupid, stupid hormones.

"I really wanted my ice cream." I whisper.

"Want me to order you some?" I nod at her question, then remembering she can't see me. "That would be nice."

"Alright take a nap." I lay my head in the pillow closing my eyes, listening to her voice. "I'll check up on you later. Love you V."

"Love you B." I say tiredly. I hear her hang up as the phone slips from my fingers.

The funny thing about sleep is that you don't know how long you've been asleep till you wake up. Three knocks at the door have me jolting awake. Who dares to interrupt a pregnant lady's sleep?

"Amore?" Alessandro's muffled voice reaches my ears. A small smile reaches my face as I stalk over to open the door.

"Aless." I sigh happily collapsing into his chest. His large hand reaches to my back, pulling me tightly to his body.

"Don't cry, amore." He pulls me away, caressing my puffy eyes. "I brought you your ice cream." I look down the the plastic bag in his hands. "Next time," his finger grips my chin making me look up at him. "You call me for whatever you need. Ok?"

I nod, pushing myself back into his chest. "I'm tired. I couldn't sleep at night."

"Jump." Two of his fingers tap my thighs. I jump is slightly, he grabs my legs looping them around himself. "Let me take you to bed and you can your ice cream there."

I nod, resting my face on his shoulder. I feel Alessandro walk to the rooms entering the only one with an open door. He walks us to my bed setting me down. He laughs when my legs or arms won't let go of him. "I have to bring a spoon."

"Take me with you." I say, tightening my hold around him. His chest rumbles with laughter as he walks us to the kitchen to retrieve a spoon.

He walks us back to my room sitting on my bed with me still around him. "What's wrong?" He says gently, running his fingers down my back.

"I just don't want to let go." I snuggle further into him, tensing when I feel his growing erection. "Sorry." I whisper.

"Violet, amore. You always apologize for that stuff. You don't need to it's not your fault." I pull away, analyzing his face before nodding.

"Can you lay down?" I ask him nodding to the head of the bed. His brows furrow before he goes to lay down with me still on top of him.

I scoot a little further down his chest laying a pint of ice cream under his chin. "I'll feed the both of us." I grin.

I fill the spoon with vanilla ice cream, nearly moaning when it hits my tongue. All my tears for this? Stupid hormones.

I fill the spoon again, lifting it to Alessandro's mouth. "Open." I say as he just stares, smiling at me. He opens his mouth letting me put the spoon in. "Good?" I wait for his reaction. Alessandro never had the biggest sweet tooth.

"Good." He mumbles, harshly swallowing. "Liar." I laugh. "I know what'll make it taste better." He raises a brow, waiting for me to continue.

I lick my lips, my eyes flicker down to his before I lean in, pressing my cold lips to his. He parts his lips for me, letting my tongue swirl around his. The taste of vanilla ice cream travels from his mouth to mine. My hand lifts to his cheek, angling his face up to kiss him deeper.

His hand grabs hold of my ass making me gasp into him. "You're right." He smirks. "That made it really good."

"Yea?" I smile against his lips. He nods, watching me in a daze.

I continue eating the ice cream, offering Alessandro some every now wand then to which he declines. I push the pint of ice cream away to the dresser when I'm done. I sigh, resting my arms and chin on his chest.

"Are you satisfied?" He says, his fingers twisting strands of my hair.

"Very much." I grin nodding. I gasp, remembering what I had promised him the other day. "Remember I said I'd show you the nursery whenever you had time?"

He nods, his eyes light up waiting for me to confirm. "Can I see it?"

"Mhm," I grin. "It's not done but there's tons of cute stuff. Come on." I hop off of Alessandro stretching my arms over my head.

He follows me down the hall to the nursery. The beige curtains are down making the room dim.

Two bassinets and two dressers sit neatly on each side of the window. Stiffed animals decorate the dressers.
"You like?" I ask excitedly.

He looks around the room, a small glint in his eyes. "It looks great, amore." He pulls me in by the waist, kissing the crown of my head.

"How far along are you now?" Both of his hands drop to my waist with his thumbs slightly caressing my stomach.

"Sixteen weeks." I smile looking down. "Why?"

His face holds the lightest pink color decoration his cheeks and the tip of his ears. "When's the next appointment?"

"Two weeks. Dr. Willows says I can find out the gender if I want." His face holds the most adorable expression as he asks his next question, "can I go with you?"

"You want to go?" I grin feeling my own cheeks turn pink.

"If that's ok." He mumbles breaking eye contact. "Of course it is." I say feeling giddy.

"Do you want to find out the gender's?" He looks down at me questionably.

"I don't know." I shrug, "I really like the element of surprise."

"We could do a gender reveal. Jenna had one, it was wonderful." He suggests, with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"But-," I don't want to do that. I'd be standing alone finding out the genders. "You would be there with me right? Like doing it with me?"

"I'll do whatever you want." Butterflies flutter from my stomach to my heart.

"Then I think we should have one." The biggest smile takes over his face as he leans in for a kiss.

"Thank you, amore." He mumbles against my lips.

"You're welcome, Aless."