Epilogue

Violet

"Is the camera rolling?" I hold both girls in my arms. They both giggle excitedly at Aless who holds a black camera.

"It's rolling." He smiles making silly faces at the girls.

Aless and I got married last month and during the entire ceremony the girls tried to take their first steps. Today however I feel it in my gut that they'll walk.

It's my mission to catch it on camera. It'll be so adorable if we could play the video at their birthday party later today.

That's right. Our babies are officially one. We had an entire year with them and it still feels unreal. An entire trip around the sun with them. The first year of their lives, a milestone that makes me teary.

Our house also just finished getting built. We've yet to move in but their party will be held here today.

Azalea and Rosalyn kick and squirm in my arms as they try escaping my grasp. "Dada!" They both squeal.

"Walk to dada." I laugh dropping my hands. Both girls stand there looking at each other in their identical pink dresses.

"Come on, girls." Aless smiles. "Azalea." He hums dragging her name out, "Rosalyn." He does the same making both girls smiles so wide showing their gums.

Rosalyn laughs and claps her hands taking a step. I suppress a squeal of my own and watch as Azalea copies her sister and takes a step.

I nearly die when they catch a rhythm and all but run to Aless. They both crash into his legs. Their small laughs and giggles are music to my ears.

"My angels!" Aless laughs setting down the camera and picking them both up. He blows a raspberry on both of their stomachs making them kick and laugh. "I'm so proud of you both." He places kisses on their cheeks and sets them down.

They get up on wobbly feet and this time walk over to me. "Mama!" They make grabby hands as they crash into me, wrapping their arms around my neck.

"Hi babies!" I laugh hugging them back. "My big babies. You girls are walking!" Azalea gives me a kiss on the cheek making me giggle, "thank you, Azzy baby." Rosalyn sees her and quickly copies her placing a wet kiss on the other cheek. "Thank you, Rosie baby."

They both smile and bring their cheeks to my lips asking for a kiss. "Kissie!" Rosie laughs, though it sounds more like tissie. I give them both a bunch of kisses till we end up a fit of giggles on the floor.

Aless stands over us and smiles. "You girls are so beautiful." Blush crawls up my neck. I sit up meeting Aless half way for a kiss.

The girls clap making me laugh. It's their new thing. When we kiss the babies start clapping.

"I love you." He whispers. "So much."

"I love you." I murmur smiling. "Also so much."

He laughs and picks up both of the girls. "Let's get outside." He offers a hand, helping me off the floor and leads us out to the decorated backyard.

Our backyard is covered in pink. Pink streamers, pink balloons, pink party hats and a really big pink bounce house. The bounce house is covered in all the Disney princess, the girls are obsessed with them.