Chapter 20

Violet

"Come on!" I groan. The top of my stomach has a lucky charm on it as the rest of the cereal lays on the floor. "How does this even happen?"

"Maybe you should have let me grab the cereal." Oak mumbles as he sweeps up the floor.

"Grab me some too!" B yells from the couch. I make my way to the living room, slumping down beside B. Milo crawls into my lap rubbing he's head against my swollen stomach.

"Stupid." Brie mumbles slapping her stomach. I raise a brow, watching her in amusement. "Your period?"

"Yes." She scowls. "You're lucky you don't get one anymore."

"There's a heating pad in my closet." I chuckle as she scrambles off the couch to the direction of my room.

Oak walks back into the living room with two bowls of cereal in his hand. "One for you." He mumbles placing the lucky charms before me. "And one for B." He says placing the captain crunch onto the table by where she was sitting

Brie comes pack with the pad in her arms, grinning. "You're my hero."

"You're welcome." Oak grins back. "Not you, V is my hero." She rolls her eyes.

"But I got you cereal." He clutches his chest. "I'm your hero."

"Whatever." She laughs hopping onto the couch next to me. She adjust the heating pad over her stomach as we click play on the movie.

I quickly grab my phone, frowning when I see no texts. "What's wrong?" B and Oak say in unison.

"Aless hasn't texted me." My frown deepens. "He told me in the morning that after the bust he'd come over." It's been nine hours since then.

"I'm sure he's ok." Oak's hand lands on my knee in a comforting way.

"Yea." I take a deep breath, "he's ok."

•••

Three bangs to my door have me jolting from my sleep. Oak and Brie are sprawled across my couch as the tv plays lowly.

I get off of the couch, covering myself with my long cardigan as the cold air brushes my arms. The knocks become more persistent making my irritation spike.

"I'm going Jesus!" I curse as I stumble to the door. Milo cuddles to my legs as I open the door.

Mateo stands before me with red puffy eyes. Realization settles in my chest, I feel my own eyes burn with tears. "Is he ok?"

"Vivi." He whispers, ushering me out of the apartment. "He got shot."

A sob crawls up my throat ready to burst out as he crushes me into a hug. "He got the bullet removed. He hasn't woken up though."

My body starts to shake into his chest as tears stream down my face. "But he's alive?"

"Yes." He sniffles pulling away, "he's alive. Put some shoes on so I can take you to him." I crouch down grabbing Milo as I slip into some flats.

My flimsy sleeping top and shorts are covered by the long cardigan that's protecting me from the cold. I quickly scribble a note for Brie and oak before locking my apartment and following Mateo down the hall.

Milo lays on the top of my bump with his face on my breast as he innocently looks up at me. "He'll be ok." I whisper kissing his soft fur.

The drive is fairly quick and by the time I look up we're at Alessandro's house. Once in high school when his whole family lived in this house I remember him telling me that the south wing of the house has an infirmary. That's probably where he's at.

With Milo in my arms I follow Mateo into the house. We walk along a very long hall wall till we reach a room that resembles a waiting room. Three guys only one of which I recognize sit in chairs.

"Violet this is Leo, Dante, and Rowan." Mateo says pointing at each of them.

"Violet, Violet?" The one Mateo pointed as Dante blurts.

The one beside him with a matching light green eye color shoves his shoulder. "Shut it." Leo I think his name was.

"Both of you stop." The one with light brown colored eyes grumbles. He's the one I slightly remember, he came over once with Aless and drove B home.

"Where's Aless?" I drop Milo onto the ground watching as he runs up to a couch. My cardigan falls open letting the cold air brush at my legs and arms.

"Oh shit." Leo mumbles. I look up seeing as they all stair at my swollen stomach.

"You guys are having a baby?" Rowan mumbles, his eyes swirl in emotion. "Fuck I'm sorry. It was my fault he got shot."

My brows pull together, "What?" My hand lays on my stomach as I feel the babies kick. Their kicks are becoming stronger.

"He um, it was supposed to be me but he jumped in front of me." He looks at me apologetically as his gaze flickers to my stomach once again.

"Can I just go see him?" I plead looking back at Mateo not knowing what to make of this information. He nods telling me to follow him. I hear Milo hop off the couch and follow behind us as we walk into a room.

My breath gets caught in my throat as Aless comes into view. His torso and his arm are covered in bandages, mini scrapes and cuts litter his chest and arms.

I swallow the lump in my throat as I approach the bed. His eyes move under his eyelids as his chest swiftly rises and falls. I grab his hand into mine feeling it unusually cold.

I sniffle, feeling a tear slip from my eye as I grab a blanket and lay it over him. Mateo leaves the room shutting the door behind him.

"You're going to be ok." I sniffle lying on his chest. His hand stays limp in mine, "you have to be." A sob leaves my throat.

Sob after another leaves me making my throat and stomach ache. "I love you." I cry pressing my lips to his chest. "I want you to be ok. I need you to be." I squeeze my eyes shut feeling the last of my hot tears fall before I fall asleep.