Chapter 21

Violet

My face feels sticky with dried tears. My stomach and throat ache because of how much I've cried over these past two days.

Alessandro's mom just left leaving me with the guys in his room. I sit beside Aless with my upper body leaning against him, Mateo sits in a single chair on the other side, and the other guys are on a couch by the door.

"Emily." Dante grins. I shake my head, suppressing a smile. I told them that I was pregnant with twin girls and ever since then they've been trying to guess the names that we've picked out.

Aless and I have two options for each baby.

"Milla?" Rowan questions. I shake my head. I've decided that everything that happened was nobody's fault, doesn't matter who jumped in front of who.

"Brenda." Leo tilts his head. Once again I shake my head.

"Mama bear." Dante groans. "There's no more pretty names."

"Violet." Mateo interprets. "You need to eat."

"I know but I can't. Every time I think of eating I get nauseous." I tried eating yesterday morning but puked everything up, I tried again at night but nothing worked.

"Let me make you a light meal ok? Just try to eat it." I sigh nodding at him.

I frown looking down at my stomach. Mommy's sorry my little babies. They haven't been eating.

"Tiana!" Dante squeals. I feel a small chuckle leave my lips. "I did it!" He looks around him at everyone, "I made her laugh."

My lips involuntarily quirk up at his happiness. "She's smiling! She's actually smiling!"

After they bicker about whose name guessing is better I decide to put them out of their misery and tell them the name options.

"Pretty names." Leo agrees. "Mama bear, I was wrong those are the actual last pretty names." Dante nods.

That pulls a genuine laugh out of me. Aless and I had trouble picking the perfect names. I personally love the name options.

My body freezes as Aless twitches. My heart beats in my ears as he squeezes my hand. "He moved." I mumble feeling my eyes burn for the hundredth time this week.

All three of them jump off the couch and hover over Aless. "Papa bear?" Dante pokes at his cheek making Aless faintly grumble.

"Alessandro?" I gasp. His eyes flutter open searching for me. A relieved sob leaves my lips as I lean down to hug him. I sob into his neck feeling his now warm hand land on my back.

"Don't cry." He whispers, his voice comes out raspy. I reach over for the glass of water and bring it to his lips.  As soon as he puts the cup down I grab his face and press a giant kiss to his lips.

"Get out." He grumbles at Rowan, Dante, and Leo. They grin at us as they shuffle away.

"I missed you." I cry, clinging to his torso. "You can't do that to me, ever again."

"I won't." He assures pressing a kiss to my forehead. "You look pale." He murmurs caressing my cheeks.

"I haven't been able to sleep or keep any food down." I confess feeling guilty.

"It's ok." He pulls my body to lay next to his. "We'll get you something to eat and make sure you sleep ok?" I nod against his chest clinging to his warm body.

After an entire week later after being in that room that resembled a hospital room Aless finally convinced me to let him sleep in his own bed.

"Let me." He sighs sitting on the edge of the bed.