Chapter 44

Violet

I turn to my side pushing my face into Aless's pillow as I let out another groan. I clutch my stomach waiting for the pain to pass.

This is a contraction contraction. A real freaking contraction. Last I checked I'm only two centimeters dilated.

I squeeze my eyes shut, one hand clutching my stomach and the other clutching the pillow.

The door to our room creaks open making my body sag with minimal relief. Hopefully it's Aless. "Amore?"

I unclench my shirt and reach my hand out to him. I hear him quickly shiffle closer, "Shit." The pillow gets pulled away from my face revealing my tear stricken face. "Hey baby." He murmurs moving my hair away from my eyes, "tell me what wrong, yea?"

I take a few staggering breaths feeling the pain slowly fade away before I choke out, "it hurts."

His eyes drop to my stomach, worry flashes through his eyes. "It is bad? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

I shake my head and interlace our fingers. "No. My water hasn't broken and I haven't dilated anymore than two centimeters."

"But you're hurting." He frowns. He gently cups my stomach and rubs it with his thumb.

"I'll be fine." I sigh when the pain alleviates. He scoots closer to me, pulling my body into his. "I know." He mumbles, kissing my head.

I melt into him feeling the warmth radiate off of his body. "Aless?" I bite on my lip feeling anxiety swirl in my chest.

He hums, his chest rumbling on my side. I hold my head up peering up at him. His brows furrow when I stay quiet. "Tell me, baby." He says running his finger over my bottom lip.

"I really want you to be there with me." I whisper dropping my gaze to his chest.

"Be where? Talk to me." He coax's me. He watches me intently as I try to formulate my sentence. His gentle hands stay on me the entire time encouraging me to go on.

"You know," I mumble, gulping. "When I give birth." He stays quiet, my curiosity gets the best of me and I look up at him.

He's frowning as he holds my stomach. "Why wouldn't I? I'll always be here for you."

"I know." I whisper. "But I know your work is important and they need you at all times of the day."

"Hey," he shakes his head and grips my chin. "Nothing is more important than you and these babies. And I'm not working anymore. Only from home."

I nod taking his hand in mine. "I'm scared." Beyond freaking scared. What if I hemorrhage? What if I have placental abruption? Or what if I just can't do it? What if it's too hard?

His eyes soften and hold a tender look as he strokes my hair. "Don't be scared ok? We'll have the best doctors."

"I know." I murmur enjoying his soft touches on my body. His movements come to a halt, "but?"

"What if something happens?"

The softens coating his features immediately harden. "Violet you better not be saying what I think you are because that won't happen."

I reach up to his face and stroke his cheek. "We have to be realistic. Birth is a beautiful thing but it's also very unpredictable."

"You're going to be fine." He says sternly.

I know I shouldn't say it but I do. "And if I'm not?" His grip on me tightens and his eyes flutter close.

"Baby please don't say things like that." He shakes his head and plants a kiss on my forehead. "Please."