Chapter 36

Violet

I kiss Ginger's head then Milo's head. I give them both a long stroke and watch as the wet patches of their fur disappear.

I sniffle swiping the tears away from my eyes. "I'll miss you, my babies." I put both of them next to each other and hold them in the air as I kiss them again.

"Oak you better take care of them with your life." Oaks eyes widen as he slowly nods. I hand him both the kittens and watch as they run off to play with Oak's own cat.

"I'll miss them."

"I'm sure you will." Oak gives me a sympathetic smile. "I'll send pictures and videos but go enjoy yourself Vi."

I nod and give him a hug. "Make sure you check up on Grey and Julie. I just got them some groceries so they should be good for a least another week."

"Brie and I've got them." He chuckles. He turns my body by the shoulders and pushes me out of the door way. "Now go to Paris."

I reluctantly walk away and get into the car where Aless is waiting.

"You alright." He leans over and wipes away my tears. "Why can't they go to Paris with us?" I lean into his palm frowning.

"You said so yourself that you thought it'd best if they stayed."

I shake my head, "I change my mind." Aless laughs and turns off the car.

"Ok go get them then."

My frown deepens. "But they'll be lonely all the time when we're exploring!"

He shakes his head and turns the car back on. "Take a nap ok?"

I didn't realize how tired I was till I actually fell in deep sleep against the window. When the warm July wind brushes my arms I find that Aless is carrying me out of the car to the jet.

"Aless." I mumble stirring in his arms. "I could have walked."

"It's ok." Guards behind him are rolling the bags in while he carries me. "You can sleep in the plane ok?"

He walks up the steps and sets me on one of the couches. The sight of a treat covered tray and a tv has my tiredness vanishing.

"Let's watch a show." I grab the remote and throw myself on the couch. Aless helps the workers get everything ready before siting next to me.

"We have to sit in a seat and buckle up as we take off but after we can watch ok?" He pulls me to him and takes a deep breath. He digs his face into my neck and smiles. "Come on."

I've leaned that I should chew gum before the plane takes off so I'm not scared that I have to pop my ears. It happens all the time. I have a fear of that ear popping thing. It freaking hurts.

I fasten my seatbelt and look out the window as we take off. We have a nine hour flight and I plan on snuggling Aless for all of it.

Aless fell asleep halfway through the flight. We decided to go to the bed. I didn't know jets could have a bed but it's weirdly comfortable.

The tv is playing but all I'm focused on is Aless's deep steady breathes. It's actually fascinating how calm he is when he's sleeping.

"I can feel you staring." He mumbles startling me. I yelp and quickly slap a palm over my mouth. He peers one eye open and his lips stretch into a smile.

His hand goes around my waist and he flips us over to where he's hovering over me but cautious of my belly. His fingers caresses my cheek slowly. It goes down, finger the neck line of my shirt. He traces the curve of my side all the way down till he reaches the hem of my pants.