Chapter 25

Alessandro

I watch as Violet's chest swiftly rises and falls. Her pink lips are slightly parted, gushes of warm air hit my arms. Her eyes move side to side below her eye lids showing how tired she is.

It's been two days since the break in at her apartment but still nothing has surfaced. I told Leo about the possible name change, he's been looking into names that Todd could currently be going under.

Anger courses through my veins just thinking about the fucking bastard. That stupid fucking letter he left her has been analyzed over and over, yet nothing could be found off of it.

I place a soft kiss on Violet's forehead and her stomach. "Keep your mom some company." I whisper against her protruding stomach before leaving the bed.

I throw on some sweats and make my way to the basement. I kept everything mafia related strictly at the base making sure none of the violence steps in the house, especially now that Violet's staying here.

I switch on the lights watching the gym light up. I repeatedly clench my fists as I walk up to the punching bag.

I'll come for you soon. He wrote in the note. I completely fucking snap landing one punch after another on the bag. The sounds of chains clinking along with the thuds of my punches fills up the quiet room.

Red marks paint the gray leather as pain runs up my arm. My knuckles pulse with each punch I throw.

He touched her.

He recorded her.

He threatened her and the babies.

He abused her.

He raped her.

That fucker deserves to be stripped of everything he's ever loved and be plummeted into the fucking ground.

The punching bag swings, the chain at the top knotting from the force of my punches.

"Aless?" I hear a soft gasp from behind me. My eyes snap up to the mirror above me seeing Violet's horrified expression.

Blood from my knuckles paint the punching bag, some even splattered on my chest. "Baby go back to bed." I sigh stilling the swinging bag.

"Not if you don't come with me." She frowns eyeing my bloody knuckles. "Why?" She whispers.

"I just," I run my hands through my hair watching as her eyes dim with sadness. I never wanted to be the source of anything but her happiness, yet here I am dimming the fucking light out of her eyes. "I was enraged with what he did to you. Why the fuck does he get to live his life perfectly fine knowing he's tormented yours?"

"I don't know. But I don't care about him, he's not causing me any pain at the moment. Seeing you hurt yourself is causing me pain." Her lower lip trembles as she gets closer to grab my hands.

I drop my head in shame. Her dainty hands grab hold of mine, shaking as she examines them. A warm tear falls from her eyes hitting just under my knuckles. The guilt sits heavy on my chest as I look up seeing her red rimmed eyes.

"Let me clean them." She wipes away her tears leading me to the bathroom. I stop her, grabbing her face between my palms. "Let me do it. You look tired, really tired. You should go back to bed."

"I need to do it. I can't sleep knowing that you're hurt." My heart squeezes at her words. Who knew four years after I left the girl I loved I'd find her and fall in love all over again?

This time I let her lead us to the bathroom. I grab her by the hips, setting her on the counter and grab the first aid kit. She quickly opens up the kit, wiping my knuckles with rubbing alcohol then coating them in antibiotic ointment.