Chapter 23

Violet

"I hate you." Oak grumbles covering his ears the my pillow. "Get up!" Brie groans slapping his arm. "We have to be at the bakery by five."

Today's the third anniversary of when we started maintaining the bakery. Every year we have a bakery sell with everything fifty percent off. It gets really busy around school hours.

Oak and I groggily roll off the air mattress and go freshen up. Today was Alessandro's first day back to work after his incident, I made him promise to stick to paperwork for a little bit longer.

I grab a brown halter neck dress from my closet and put on matching colored heels. My feet might hate me at the end of the day but one of our employees convinced us to make an instagram account for the bakery and today she'll be taking many pictures.

B, Oak, and I sulk out of the apartment and shuffle into the car. "It's too early." I yawn letting my head fall the cold window. B agrees with me laying down in the back seats letting Oak drive to the bakery.

"Seb said he'd stop bye." Oak says smiling. "He might have to leave a little early though for his class." He frowns.

"At least he's showing up right?" I say smiling sympathetically. I've noticed Oak usually puts more into the relationship than Seb, but who knows maybe he's really trying.

"Is Alessandro going?" He clears his throat changing the subject.

"Yea a few of his friends are also stopping by." I smile looking down at my phone. Dante convinced me into giving him my number, he ended up making a group chat.

"His friends?" Brie mumbles looking over at us. "Who um, do you know who?"

"Rowan will be there." I grin looking at her through the visor.

"Who's Rowan?" Oak's jaw drops.

"That's not what I was gonna ask." Brie blushes sinking into the seat.

I chuckle at the two as we approach the bakery. A few of our employees will be here through the day to help
us prepare for the event.

As soon as we get in all of us prepare doughs for different pastries. As soon as the bakery opens Grey and Julie come strolling in.

"Hey you two." I grin giving them a hug.

"We're on our way to school, just stopped by for breakfast." Grey grins, showing his side tooth finally growing in.

"Have at it." I grin watching them run to the pastries. Julie has finally gotten a bit comfortable with accepting free breakfast.

They each pick out a pastry and a drink and continue their walk to school.

By the time the bakery fills with customers Aless and his friends are walking in. I squeal when Alessandro's large hands garbs hold of my stomach, turning me around to kiss me. "I missed you."

"I miss you too." I grin kissing him back before I shoo him and the guys away to a far away booth.

"That's Rowan?" Oak questions as B stares at the guy with light brown hair and honey brown eyes. I nod grinning as B practically drools over him.

The bells of the bakery door jingle as Seb walks in. Oak perks up with a smile as his boyfriend walks toward us. "Hey babe. Can I get a coffee? I have to head to work but I thought I'd stop by."

"Yea." Oak smiles not to genuinely. He prepares Seb his coffee and watches as he leaves the bakery. "I thought he'd at least stay a while." He frowns.

"I'm sorry Oak. Maybe you should have a talk with him." I give him a pat on the back before my head snaps to the side at the sound of a girly shriek.