Chapter 7

Alessandro

"Get it done." I grit out. He stammers looking at me with wide eyes. "Y-yes boss."

He leaves the room, leaving me feeling agitated. I gave him one simple order; to find out who raided the warehouse. And he let the fucking assholes go.

I pour myself a glass of whiskey, drinking it quickly, and slamming the glass back down.

Why can't people follow simple fucking orders? What posses them to do the opposite as they're instructed?

My phone buzzes against the wood of my desk. My irritation spikes, what the fuck do they want now?

I reach for my phone stilling when I see her name. My irritation magically disappears. Violet went shopping, she said she'll give me a hall of all the things she buys.

"I'm finally home." She cheers as I answer. "My feet are aching and my stomach is rumbling."

I push my stack of paperwork aside feeling better than I did a few seconds ago. "How did your shopping go?"

"It went good. I found many adorable things. I missed you though." She sighs. "You missed me?"she teases.

"Of course I did." Her laughs are heard on the other side of the line making me smile.

"I'm so bored." She huffs. The muffled noises of talking are heard in the background. Her tone shifts, "Are you busy?"

"For you? Never." A small breath escapes her lips before she responds, "can I come over now?"

My cheeks start to ache from the amount of smiling I've done lately. "Of course you can, how are you bored if you just went shopping?" I laugh.

"That was earlier. I'm back now so I'm bored again." She mumbles, yawning.

"Bring the things you bought, I want to see them." I say after her short banter about some women fussing about the prices.

I keep her on the phone until she tells me she's outside. I have the door open by the time she walks up the drive way, "you'll never believe what happened." She grins.

"What?" I murmur, watching her in a daze. She's so beautiful, everything about her is perfect.

"Well," she grins turning to the side, "it grew!" My eyes flicker down catching sight of her slightly protruding stomach. "I know it's still small, and it looks like I'm bloated, but it grew!"

Based on her phone call with her mom the other day I assume she has some concerns about her pregnancy. Seeing her happy that her stomach has grown makes a smile of my own take over my face. "It looks like it's doubled in size."

"Really?" Her eyes flicker to me lighting up. I nod making a satisfied hum leave her lips. The plastic bag swings in her arms as she takes a seat on the couch.

I follow her, peering into the bag. Tons of baby outfits fill the bag. She dumps them on the couch showing me one by one.

"They're very small." I comment remembering Nikos clothes were a bit bigger.

She nods folding up a tiny gray shirt, "My doctor says it's possible for me to give birth pre term so I had to buy a few premie outfits. And twins are normally born smaller than single babies so I have to prepare."

"They'll be this small?" My eyes widen at the shirt that fits in my palm.

"You just have big hands." She laughs taking the shirt to her hand. The shirt covers all her fingertips and her palm, "yes it's a little small but your hands are huge compared to this small shirt."

She pulls out small knitted shoes from the bag. "I know they won't walk straight out of the womb but I couldn't resist." She admires the small shoes in her hand while rubbing her stomach.

"I can't believe I will have two babies to take care of in a few months." She laughs, her eyes slightly glazing over. "I just hope I can do it all."

"Hey," I gently lift her chin with my finger. "You're not alone you know that right?"

"But I am." She whispers. "It's just me."

"You have many people who will be here to help." I assure her, pulling her body close to mine. "You have Oakley and Brielle." My fingers wipe away her fallen tears, "you have your mom." Both my hands grab her face, making her look at me. "And you'll always have me ok?"

"Do you think I can do it?" She whispers hesitantly.

"Yes amore. I'm sure you can do it." She smiles gratefully at me snuggling into my chest. "I'm happy you're back."

Her head lands on my chest making my heart race. Can she hear my heart racing? Does she know what she does to me?

Her eyes are trained in the large tv screen that displays some reality tv show. "Do you watch this?" She laughs, moving her head to look up at me.

"I do not." I scoff at her amused expression. Her questioning brow raises, "then why is it on?"

"Fuck if I know." As soon as the words leave my mouth she gasps and sits up. My brows furrow as a glare takes over her beautiful features. "The babies will soon develop hearing you can't keep talking like that." She scolds me.

I sigh leaning down to her slightly swollen stomach. "I'm sorry for my language." I mumble before laying a soft kiss to the little bump.

I look up to see her smiling down with much sincerity "you're cute."

"I-what?" I splutter feeling my face warm. I fell her belly shake beneath my hands as she laughs. "Are you blushing?"

"No." I scowl. She smiles bringing her fingers up to caress my cheeks. Feeling my face flame even more, I shove myself into her neck. "Stop it."

"It's cute." She laughs, threading her fingers into my hair.

"Stop." I grumble once more before seating up. "Come on, you said your stomach was rumbling on the phone. Let's make you some food."

She grins, nodding her head as she takes my hand. "What would you like?"

She ponders for a second before her eyes light up. "You know that soup your mom used to make? It had tomatoes and had grilled cheese on the side?"

"Tomato soup?" I chuckle. It was the first recipe I wanted to learn how to make since it was violets favorite.

"Yes." She nods. "That one." She licks her lips. "You know how to make it?"

"Of course I do." I walk up to her grabbing her waist. A small gasp leave her lips as I lift her, setting her on the counter.

"When'd you learn how to cook?" She whispers, her eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips.

"Mamma showed me when she moved out." I mumble, my eyes trained on her lips.

She nods slowly, leaning in slightly. I take it as an invitation, following her lead.

Her hands come around, tangling with my hair. She pulls me closer until our lips touch.

She presses a soft lingering kiss waiting for me to respond. I move my lips accordingly with hers, my eyes flutter shut as her finger slightly scratch my head. My hands drop to her thighs, squeezing them.

Violet lets out a sweet little gasp, giving me opportunity thrust my tongue into her mouth. We both let out moans the second our tongues touch.

Her legs that lay beside me, loop around my torso pulling me in closer. Violet moans as my hand drops to her neck pulling in closer.

She pulls away taking a deep breath. "Mhm." She smiles. "I'm hungry now."

She's teasing me.

I drop my hands to her ass, pulling her to the edge of the counter. Crashing my lips to hers, gripping the back of her neck. I kiss her deeper than before making her whimper.

I pull away grinning, "I'll make your food now."

"But-," she sighs frowning. "One more kiss?"

I instantly crumble. She knows I'll give her anything she asks me for. I give my sweet girl another kiss before making her food.