Chapter 29

Violet

The cold from the concrete floor has my legs trembling. There's a consistent pounding in my head and my eyes burn.

My hands drift to my stomach. I poke myself every so often just to feel my baby girls move. Every time I poke I feel kicks making me sigh in relief. I don't know where I am or how long I've been here.

Is it still nighttime? Is it the next day?

When I first work up I explored the tiny room. There's no windows or vents. There's an outline of a door but no door handle.

Two metal loops are welded into the ground reminding me that there's a chance I could get chained to the floor any minute now.

My eyes burn with tears for the millionth time since I woke up. I sit in the corner of the small room hugging my belly feeling terrified for my babies.

The door screeches against the floor making my head snap up. Bright light seeps into the room making me shield my eyes.

"Violet." He groans. "Babe it's been too long." A sob climbs up my throat as Todd walks in and shuts the door behind him.

"Todd." I grip my stomach harder protecting it from him.

"Surprise!" He darkly chuckles. "Missed me? I missed you." He pouts. "I texted, left notes, followed you. You just never listened." He tuts shaking his head.

I gulp eyeing him carefully as he walks closer to me. "Those." He growls pointing at my stomach. "Need to be gone. I can't do what I want to you if they're here."

"Stop." I whisper backing away from his touch.

"Oh Violet." He sighs, "I won't hurt you." I have a hard time believing that. "Technically you're the mother of my children. I love you." He grits out with so much anger. "I won't hurt you, but our baby girls? I have no problem hurting them."

I bite my lip to stop myself from telling him off. These are my babies. Mine and Alessandro's.

"How do you know about them?" He shouldn't have any information surrounding my babies.

"Oak's lovely boyfriend." He squats down to be at eye level with me. "My lovely brother."

"N-no your brother's dead, you said!" Guilt hits me at full force. Poor Oak. Looking back at it, it makes sense that Seb's the one to do this.

"Oh," he laughs, "you believed me?"

"Seb is your brother?" I ask not want to believe him.

"Tyler." He corrects.

"Tyler smith." I whisper remembering all the stories he'd told me about him.

"Exactly." He grins clasping his hands. "Now, I have a serious question." His tongue rolls against the inside of his cheek, "are you in love with him?"

My blood runs cold, I can't admit I love Aless god knows what he'll do. "No." I choke out. I flinch back as he lunges forward gripping both my arms.

"I see how you look at him Violet! Does he know that you're a whore pregnant with another man babies? Your mine! You're supposed to love me!" He yells gripping my arms tighter.

"You're hurting me." I whisper bitting my lip stopping the pathetic cries from leaving my lips.

Anger clouds his eyes, "suck it up fuckin' bitch." With his strong grip he lifts me from the ground and tosses me to the floor. I instinctively hold out my arms making sure to not crush my belly as I slam against the floor. "I was going to be nice and bring you breakfast and a blanket. Instead I'll tell Seb to come have some fun."