Chapter 14

Alessandro

                      Tw: violence, torture, SA

Dante barges into my office, and slouches on the chair. "Hugo's in the basement."

Hugo works for the German mafia. The mafia who's been raiding our warehouses and stealing our stocks.

"Rowan is down there with him right now." He leans his elbow onto my desk and grins. "Rowan told me you have a girlfriend."

"Fucking Rowan." I grit. Nobody knows how to keep their mouth shut. Dante looks at me expectantly batting his fucking lashes. "I'm not telling you anything."

"It was worth a try." He huffs slumping back. I stack all of my papers, moving them aside. "As soon as we get information out of Hugo inform your brother." He nods as we both stand and walk towards the basement.

Dante's younger brother, Leo works in tech. He identifies and tracks the people we need to find.

I roll up the sleeves of my shirt as we enter the basement. Rowan glares down at Hugo who's currently bound to a chair by chains.

Cuts and bruises cover his body. His hair is drenched with sweat as he thrashes in his chains. "I don't fucking know!" Rowan delivers another punch to his face making it snap to the side.

"Rowan, what has he said?" I stand beside him watching the pathetic excuse for a man whine as he pulls at the chains.

"Claims he doesn't know anything." Rowan grits his teeth, a vein popping out of his neck.

"Let me." Rowan moves to the side, taking a few deep breaths to recompose himself. I lean forward, my palms lay on the sides of the chair, "why did you raid my warehouse?"

Despite the terror in his eyes, he smiles revealing bloody teeth. "I didn't."

"Dante?" I say, still staring at Hugo. "Bring me lighter fluid, a torch, and the fire extinguisher." Hugo's smile falters as Dante leaves the room.

"I don't like liars Hugo." I tut, walking to the weapon table beside him. I select a small but painful balde. I twirl it in my fingers watching it shine under the light.

"Do you like blades?" I ask, as he gulps. I bring the blade to his neck, "who do you work for?"

Nothing.

I remove the blade from his neck, raising it into the air and jabbing his upper thigh. Hugo lets out a shriek as I drag the blade down to his knee. "Who. Do. You.
Work. For?"

"Nobody!" I put more pressure on the blade piercing his knee, "n-nobody! God nobody!"

I pull out the blade, watching as blood gushes out. "Are you a fan of fire?" As the words leave my lips, Dante enters holding the things I asked him to bring.

"Fine! I did it! I raided the warehouse!" Hugo's eyes are as wide as saucers as he watches Dante place everything down.

I walk to the table picking up the lighter liquid. "Who do you work for?" I repeat taking off the red cap.

"I-I can't say." He watches the white bottle in my hands. "He'll kill me!"

"I'm going to kill you." I grit my teeth as I spray the liquid all over his legs.

Hugo stars thrashing in his chains, he screams as tears roll down his cheeks. "Answer the question before I light you on fire."

"No!" He cries. I shake my head as I grab the torch. I press down on the button watching as the warm orange flame erupts.