Chapter 35

Alessandro

Four weeks. It's been four entire weeks that I've had the asshole sitting in a cell at the base. He's endured torture every single day of those weeks but apparently so has Violet.

I've been so caught up in trying to deliver him as much pain as I can. I've kept him locked up and alive letting everyone have their time hurting him.

I was so infatuated with giving him pain that I hadn't realized Violet is living in fear.

Maybe it's the holiday that sparked her memories and gave her an unpleasant nightmare, but she woke panicked thinking he had escaped and came for her.

She doesn't feel safe knowing he's alive and I intend on fixing it. As of now he's rotting in a cell with infected wounds and missing limbs.

He doesn't deserve a short and quick death but I'll give it to him for Violet's sake. I'd planned on torturing him for as long as his body endured but I supposed a bullet through his brain will have to do.

Violet jerks, her eyes flying open. It's the fourth time a stupid fucking firework has woken her from her sleep.

"Aless they're too loud." The way her voice shakes with fear will forever be burned into my brain.

Violet got raped on the fourth of July for the first time.

She had been with that shit bag for a few months leading up to the point and he had taken her to watch fireworks in a field with his fraternity buddies.

She told me every excruciating detail last night. How the loud pops drowned out her screams. How the beautiful colors did nothing to erase the picture in front of her face. How his friends claimed the show he put on as he raped her was better than the firework show.

I gently clamp my hands over her ears. I put pressure on them, her face relaxes after a bit. I keep that same pressure assuming she can't hear the noises anymore.

I place a gentle kiss on her cheek and watch as she falls back asleep.

If she needs me to cover her ears as she sleeps till it's over I'd gladly do it.

She doesn't deserve anything of what happened to her. She's simply one of the most kind heart people I know. She's done nothing to ever experienced an ounce of pain. Yet the world is so fucked up and here she is laying in bed having ptsd of one of the most traumatizing nights of her life.

There are many other evil and cruel people in the world who deserve far worse but never feel or get a fraction of it, so why is it that people like Violet go through stuff that they never deserved?

If I could take it all away from her and give it to myself God knows I would. I've done things to deserve it, she hasn't.

I lay there with my hands over her ears until she stirs awake. "We have to leave soon." I move her hair with my thumbs leaving my hands over her ears.

"I know." She sighs. The little bundle of gray fur snuggles under her chin making her smile. The smile I hadn't seen at all today.

I keep my hands pressed on her ears and use my thumbs to caress her cheeks. "Ready to go?" I'm taking her with me to the base so I can finally get rid of that asshat.

She sits up keeping a cautious eye on the large window as she gently takes my hands away from her ears. "Yea. Will the guys be there?"  

"Yes, I'll make sure they're there to stay with you ok?" She nods appreciatively as she gets up to go to the bathroom.