Chapter 6

Violet

I squirm, feeling soft sheets under me. Something grips my thigh, holding me in place. My eyes flutter open, with a frown on my face.

Alessandro's big hand grips my leg in place stopping it from moving on his crotch. "Sorry." I mumble feeling my face flame.

I try pulling my leg off of his torso, he squeezes it pulling me closer. My stomach hits his side as my leg stays on him.

"Stay." He grumbles. My stomach flutters from his big hand squeezing my thigh and the deepness of his morning voice.

His thumb caresses my inner thigh, I resist the urge to squirm. I'd probably end up grinding his side. I take slow breaths, trying to regulate my breathing.

"Want breakfast?" The vibrations of his chest rumble beneath my cheek. I shake my head, "not right now." I feel my heavy eye lids begin to close again. "Maybe in a little."

His finger moves hair out of my face making my lips lift in a smile. "So beautiful." He whispers. Blood rushes to my face, I keep my eyes closed not responding.

I reopen my eyes, looking up I see a smile on his face. His lips full and inviting. I keep my eyes trained on them. I look up again to see him watching me. He leans forward pressing his lips to my forehead, "let's go get you some breakfast."

I nod sliding out of bed. His shirt falls to my thigh as I walk to the bathroom. "Do you have an extra to-," I smile as he hands me an unopened toothbrush. I pluck it out of his grasp and begin washing my mouth over the sink.

I wash my face and pull my hair into a loose braid. I tuck the corner of his shirt into my black spandex so it doesn't look like I'm naked before we walk downstairs.

Oak and Brie sit at the island as a cook makes some breakfast. "Here, amore." Alessandro brings me a basket of strawberries as I sit down.

My mouth water as I grab the biggest one. I've always loved strawberries but pregnancy enhanced my love for them. Brie and oak run off to the dinner table with their plates full of food.

Alessandro and I patiently wait for ours at the kitchen island. My phone buzzes and my mom's picture pops up. My smile grows as I answer it setting it on the counter, "hi ma,"

"Violeta darling!" She cheers. "How'd your appointment go?"

My lips etched into a frown. "It was ok. I got to see them." I smile. "But same problem as last time."

"It's ok mija." She tries to cheer me up. "You'll get there. I'm sure of it."

"Thank you." I smile eating more strawberries.

"I miss you so much. Your siblings will be in town soon, let's have lunch then?" The smile is evident in her voice.

"Of course, I love you." She rambles about her yoga class before hanging up.

"How's your mom doing?" Alessandro questions taking a strawberry.

"She's doing good." I shrug. "She works as a yoga instructor now."

"No more bakery?" He frowns. I shake my head, "she gifted it to us a few years back."

"You work there?" He grins as I nod. "I might just have to stop by." He doesn't even like sweets.

"You should." I smile looking up at him. His hand comes up, running a finger over my bottom lip.

Once again my own eyes drop to his lips. I look up at him, the question evident in his eyes. I take a deep breath leaning in, he grins crashing his lips to mine.

The force of it causes a gasp to leave my lips. He pushes his tongue into my mouth. My eyes flutter close as his tongue dances along mine. I forgot how it felt. I forgot how he felt.

His teeth bite down on my lower lip drawing a breathy moan out of me. I slightly pull away resting my forehead against his.

Both of his hands lay on my cheeks. His thumb runs over my swollen lips. "Every part of you is beautiful."

The clattering of plates has my attention shifting away from him. Plates full of all types of breakfast lay in front of us.

"Waffles." I state happily, my mouth watering. "Did I mention waffles in my sleep?" I mumble.

"No." He laughs. I shrug cutting it to pieces and scarfing it down.

Three waffles later and I feel nine months pregnant.

"Are you still hungry?" Alessandro's hand lands on my back. My arms land on the counter, as I lay my chin on them. "You're crazy." I mumble. "I ate a bunch."

"Tell me if you want more." He hums, collecting the dishes. I watch his retreating frame as he places all the dishes in the sink.

"Hey V." Brie mumbles sliding in the bar stool next to me. "You had any morning sickness today?" I shake my head smiling, "don't jinx me."

She lays her arms on the counter, mirroring my position. "You alright?"

"Mhm." I nod against my arms smiling. "I'm ok."

"He explained to us." She mumbles. I nod as she continues. "I still wish he reached out."

"Me too." It was the four of us together in high school. We were all best friends. He didn't only leave me, he left all of us.

After leaving Alessandro's, Oak drove us home. As soon as I got home I put away the baby things I got last Friday and took the warmest shower.

Aless: I miss you.

His message says. I gave him my number yesterday. I grin down at my phone like a school girl.

The feeling is mutual.

The three bubbles pop up at the bottom of the screen making me feel giddy.

Aless: What are you doing amore?

I sigh looking around the room. I was supposed to get some work done for school but I quite half way through.

Sitting on the floor. You?

Our conversation continues till the sun sets. He somehow convinced me to finish my assignment. It was a extremely boring. Something about nucleic acids and their dna and rna molecules.

He bribed me with pizza actually. Said he'd order me all my favorite toppings if I finished my assignment. The half empty pizza box currently sits on the counter.

Feeling exhausted, I pull my blanket over my body falling asleep with a content smile on my face.