Chapter 42

Violet

"Aless?" I mumble feeling around the bed. The sheets on his side are cold and crumpled up. I groan pulling myself out of bed to go find him.

The jet is set to take us back to Los Angeles by tonight. It's officially the last day of July which makes me clam up with nerves. August is the month I'm predicted to give birth by my doctors.

I haven't had any braxton hicks which is a good sign but I have felt the babies rotate in my stomach which means they are no longer breech.

I slip on some slippers and go out to the living room and kitchen.

The fresh breakfast and note beside it lets me know Aless didn't leave too long ago.

Amore, breakfast should still be warm by the time you're up. It's your favorite. Or at least I hope since you were talking about it in your sleep last night.

I'll be back later, I'm setting up your last surprise for our last day here in Paris. Get ready, be all glammed up by the time I'm back.

Don't worry about packing everything up. Somebody will be over as soon as we leave to pack our things up and take them to the jet.

All you need to worry about is eating your breakfast and getting ready.

I'll see you soon amore.
- Alessandro

Ps- your iced coffee is in the fridge, decaf of course.

I grin at the note and put it on the fridge under a magnet. I open up the plastic bag that has a heavenly smell coming from it. Creamy pancakes with butter sitting on the top has my mouth watering. There's even a hash brown and biscuit on the side. 

I grab my coffee and set everything on the table. True to his words everything is still warm and delicious.

Since it's only me in the penthouse it's so quiet that my ringtone startles me. My mom's name and picture brings a smile to my face.

"Hi Mija." Mom grins when I answer the FaceTime. I set the phone against the flower on the table and give her a smile. "Good morning Ma."

"Oh, I miss you." She sighs, "how's Paris going?"

"Amazing." I beam sipping on my coffee. "Aless has taken me to all the places I've been dying to see."

Mom's eyes sparkle. "I know, I've seen the pictures he's taken of you. I'm so glad you've found your happiness."

"I miss you too." I smile, "I'm so ready to get back and give you a big hug."

She sighs in relief, "so you don't want to stay there?"

My eyes soften when I see her eye gloss over. "Of course not. I'd never be able to live here across the world from you."

"That's so good to hear." She laughs wiping her tears. "You look so happy I thought you'd want to stay. My two other children moved away from me and it hurt, I don't think I'd survive my baby leaving me too."

"You don't have to worry, I'm never leaving you." I rub my belly thinking of how much it'd hurt to be apart from my own children.