Chapter 38

Violet

I stumble over my feet as we go up what seems to be a hill. Aless quickly steadies me by the shoulders, "we're almost there, hold on." The soft white cloth over my eyes enables me from knowing where Aless has brought me.

Today he said he's taking me to every place I've mention wanting to go or see.

I'm left panting once we stop walking. Aless brings his fingers to my face just over my eyes. He slightly brushes my skin and whispers, "ready?"

I nod eagerly. "Yes." The cloth is slowly lifted from my face letting the bright sun hit my eyes. The smell and sight hit me at the same time.

A field of flowers.

My eyes flicker to the picnic set up at the top of the hill. "Aless." I mumble looking around with teary eyes.

"Is that all?" He asks sitting across from me at the lunch table.

He had asked me what was a perfect date. It's been his only question for a week straight so I decided to humor him. I'm not even sure if these flower fields exists they seem straight out of a fairy tail.

"No. Then you'd kiss me." I feel my cheeks heat up. Not cause we haven't kissed but because I kinda forgot Oak and B were next to us.

They both watch with amused smiles. I roll my eyes trying my best to ignore their teasing looks.

"So then I kiss you." Aless nods, "then what?"

"Well we'd pick out a few bouquets of flowers of course. We'd walk around the field of flowers then we sit at our picnic eat our food and watch the sunset."

"That sounds nice." B nods giving a suggestive look towards Aless.

"Yes." He agrees. "Very nice." He brings my hand to his lips, looking up at me as they skim the back of my palm. "And someday we'll do it, promise."

"You remembered?" I sniffle letting out a watery laugh.

He cups my face and kisses me. "Can't forget the part where I kiss you, can I?" He mumbles. I laugh slightly pushing him away. "Thank you. Really."

"Of course." He holds my cheeks between his palms. "I told you we'd do it. Didn't I?"

"Yes but it was so long ago." I look around the field of different colored tulips. The sun is hitting them perfectly making them look magical.

"And I," he comes behind me and rests his chin on my shoulder. "Will never forget something I promise you."

My heat bursts with joy. In no time I'm pulling him through at the rows of flowers. He holds our wooden baskets and I pick every flower that calls my attention.

With our basket full of flowers we sit at our picnic with me in his arms as we eat some grapes and drink bubbly water.

Aless runs his fingers all over my stomach poking it occasionally to see if either baby will move.

"So is there anything I can get you for your birthday?" I ask trying again.

"Kisses." I look up at him and see his eye holding a gleam. I peck his lips resulting in a big smile. "Thank you amore."

I laugh cupping his face. "Aless come on there has to be more that you want."

"Will you go somewhere with me?"

I nod perking up. "Anywhere."

"I want another tattoo. Come with me tomorrow." My eyes run along his visible tattoos as I mentally envision more to the collection.