Chapter 45

Alessandro

"Out!" Violet yells. She grabs the nearest pillow and throws it at Dante. "Get out!" Her face goes red from screaming sparking worry in my chest.

Dante stands there like a deer caught in headlights. "Out!" I snap making him jerk backwards.

"Leave!" Violet cries making me worry more. "Aless make him go please."

"Mama bear." He chuckles nervously, "I apologize!"

"Dante." My voice drops dangerously low, "go now." He swallows nervously sparing a glance at a crying Violet before leaving.

Violet's shoulders slump when the door closes. She frowns at me, "he's making me mad."

"I know. Come here." I open my arms up for her and her body quickly crashes into mine. I wrap my arms around her and set my chin on her head.

Second by second her body loses all its tension. "I don't feel so good." I pull away slightly and look down at her.

"Are you hurting?" I ask as I gather her hair in my hands and pull it over her shoulder. She's been in pain a lot these past few days. Her doctor says she'll be going into labor any day now.

She nods at the same time a grunt leaves her lips. I feel the movement of her stomach against mine. It's like her stomach tightens and makes a weird shape.

Her knees buckle and a pained cry leaves her lips making me spring into action. I lift her off the ground and set her on our bed.

She clutches her belly with both hands taking deep breaths till it loses tension. "They hurt so bad. I don't think I can do it." The look on her face makes my heart break a little.

"You can do it." I assure her as I get on the bed and level with her stomach. "I know you can. You're so strong amore." I press both hands onto her stomach and give her the massage she loves so much.

I press my thumbs into her and rub deep circles making her groan in pleasure instead of pain.

Violets mom gifted her a hemp seed oil and lotion that I apply on her stomach when she's in pain. It usually helps her fall asleep.

I grab the oil first, using the dropper to get it on her skin. Violet sighs and closes her eyes as I rub it in. Her contractions would happen every other day but recently she's had them a few days in a row. These oils and lotions seem like the only things that help her relax.

I add the lotion after the oil and keep my eyes on her face watching as every inch of her softens. Her breathing soon evens out and I place two kisses on her belly before dragging her shirt down.

I give her face a few kisses and rush downstairs to grab her some water and snacks for when she wakes up. Dante sits at the kitchen island with a bag of chips and a bottle of coke. "How's mama bear?" He mumbles mouth full of chips. "Still mad?"

"She's asleep." I tell him as I retrieve a bag of chips and a glass of water. "She keeps contracting."

Dante perks up immediately. "Is she okay? Are the babies coming?"

"She's fine for now. I rubbed her stomach till she fell asleep. She could go into labor any day." Dante looks surprisingly serious as he takes in what I say.

"Will you tell her I'm sorry? I didn't mean to stress her out or anything. I heard stress can make pregnant people go into labor."

I sigh suddenly feeling bad for the guy. "You made her upset not stressed. You didn't cause her contractions."