Chapter 15

Alessandro

Tw: mentions of abuse & rape.

Her ragged breathing hits my neck. "I can't forget." She sobs, her entire body shakes. Every sob leaving her lips is another crack to my heart.

"I need you to slow down ok?" My hands lift to her back. Her tense shoulders drop when my hands move up and down.

"I had another nightmare." I feel her stomach constrict as she takes deep breaths trying to regulate her breathing.

"Want to tell me about what?" I keep my voice soft as I walk us to the couch. Violet crawls off of me sitting besides me.

"I want to tell you." She whispers. She grabs hold of my hand, fidgeting with my fingers as she takes a minute to think.

"I just-, Aless promise me that after I tell you you'll stay." She looks up at me with a small frown breaking my heart.

I grab her by the hips, pulling her over to me. Her thighs sit at the sides my toso as I grab her face, "nothing you will say can ever change how I feel about you."

"Promises me." She urges. "I promise, Violet." Her eyes soften with relief.

"Remember the last time I had a panic attack?" She searches my eyes as I nod. "When your ex showed up at the bakery." The mere thought of him has my blood boiling.

She nods slowly before continuing. "I met him my junior year of college." She sniffles. "We met at this party that Brie and Oak dragged me to." I lay my palms flat on her back, encouraging her to continue.

"I decided to go get a drink when I saw him he offered me one. I didn't know who he was at the time but we got drunk together. One thing led to another and we had slept together."

I take deep breaths trying to contain my anger. The thought of him touching her makes me want to strangle him with my bare hands.

"It was the first time I had slept with someone after you." She whispers, continuing. "He kept coming around and I tried to get him to stop. I didn't want another relationship after you. He told me I can't be a slut and just sleep with him one day and not give him the time of day the next."

My hands drop to her hips, tightening my hold to calm myself down.

"I started to engage in the conversations. I didn't want to be called that." She frowns. "I didn't like it. I thought being his friend would make him stop calling me that." She looks up at me, the question burning in her eyes.

"Don't even ask the question, Violet. You're not a slut. What he said is wrong, I don't want you to think otherwise." She leans her body closer to mine, her baby bump presses against my stomach as she thanks me.

"I thought that now that we were friends everything was fine." Her eyes well with tears, "I was wrong Aless. He had a video of us together on that night."

My grip on her waist falters as my blood runs cold. "He recorded you?"

she nods, swallowing harshly. "He blackmailed me into a relationship. I convinced myself that I felt something for him so it wouldn't be that bad. He told me he deleted the video now that I was his girlfriend. I believed him." She scoffs. "It got worse from there. He would do stuff."

"Stuff?" I repeat feeling my world crumble. "What stuff, Violet?"

"Hit me." She whispers. "Touch me." Her lips tremble. "Rape me." She sobs.

I pull her as close as I can. Holding her in my arms feeling the need to protect her from the world.

"I tried to leave so many times. He would just threaten me with the video." She sobs. "I didn't care anymore and I just left. I didn't care about the video anymore because I found out I was pregnant. I had to leave Aless. I had to." She cries into my chest.

"I know. I know baby." My hands shake as I try comforting her. Her entire body shakes making me feel helpless.

Her breathing takes a while before it slows. I think she's asleep until she moves away from my chest. Her eyes are red and swollen and her cheeks have tear marks. "Everything will be ok?"

"Everything will be ok." I nod, kissing her forehead. "But I do need his name."

"Todd smith." She has a knowing look in her eye. She knows I'm going to have to kill him.

"Let's order take out ok?" My hands travel up her shirt slightly scratching her back.

Her eyes light up and her smile grows. "Pizza?"

There she is. My beautiful, happy girl.

"Yes pizza." She shakes with excitement as I grab my phone dialing my driver. I placed an order for her two favorite pizzas and her favorite sides.

Milo meows from the corner of the living room, he strolls over and jumps onto the couch. Violet grabs him and paces him on my chest as she looks down at him.

"Mommy's ok." She smiles kissing his head. The cat mewls, licking Violets cheeks.  She lets out a laugh, causing a fluttery feeling to run through me.

Milo starts purring as Violet's manicured nails runs through his fur. Another lovely laugh leaves her lips as the cat reaches to play with the strands of her hair.

With every laugh that leaves her lips her swollen belly presses into me. It's grown over the past weeks. It's more noticeable, it's the most beautifulest thing.

It has me thinking about how these babies can inherit anything from Violet.

They can inherit the laugh I fell in love with. The eyes I get lost in. The smile that has my heart racing.

These babies that are currently growing are doing so inside the woman I love. That fact alone has me loving her babies like my own.

Light scratches on my chin has me looking down at the cuddly cat on my chest. "You wanna play with daddy?" Violet pouts. "I thought we were having fun."

My fingers run through the soft fur earning a small purring noise.

"I need to finish my dna lab." Violet groans, resting her head on my chest. "It due tonight and I forgot."

"You can do it amore." I run my finger through her hair, "I'll be here to help ok?"

She nods into my chest, yawning. "Don't go to sleep. Food's almost here and I don't want you to get a bad grade on your lab."

She slowly pushes herself off my chest and retrieves her laptop. The doorbell rings at the same time I get a message from my driver.

I set down Milo before getting up to grab the food. As I set it down on the coffee table, Milo gets curious and starts sniffing the box.

Violet grabs her things and takes a seat in between my legs. "Can you feed me as I do my work?" Her head lays on my shoulder as she looks at me upside down.

"Of course, you just focus on getting it done ok?" I plant a kiss on her lips as she nods. She sits back up redirecting her attention to the computer in front of her.

I grab a slice of pizza bringing it up to her mouth as she types away on her computer.