Chapter 46

Violet

Uh oh. Oh no no no. A puddle of water quickly forms at my feet. I can't do nothing but gape at the water running down my legs and puddling at my feet.

I need to call my mom and Brie and Oak and ohmygod I'm going into labor!

I always thought about the day I'd go into labor, the day I'd give birth, the day I'd meet my babies. I always thought about the day it'll come but I'd never imagined I'd feel this unprepared. I had my entire pregnancy to prepare myself for becoming a mother yet I've never felt more un ready for anything in my life.

I need my mom. She's the only one who could possibly help me. And Aless, yes I need Aless.

I look over at him seeing the same expression on his face as my own. "Aless." I breathe wanting him to tell me all the answers. Wanting him to tell me it'll all be okay and that I can do it.

His opinion matters most to me. "You're so strong, you know you can do this." He whispers, saying exactly what I need him to.

I nod and everything happens in a blur. Aless tells Dante what happened, Aless calls my mom and his, Aless helps me into clothes that aren't wet and gets us in the car. Dante follows claiming something about wanting to be at the hospital with us. He calls all of our friends as we're on our way to the hospital.

Everybody says they'll be there and that they can't wait to meet the babies.

Babies. I'm going to have my babies. At this time tomorrow I'll most likely be holding both of them. I'll be able to kiss their cheeks and feel their soft hair. I'll be able to see their kicks I've been feeling for the past few months.

I'll finally see their faces that I've been trying to picture in my mind. They'll wear all their clothes that everybody has bought them and try out all their toys.

They'll meet Ginger and Milo. They'll go home and see the place they'll be living in till our forever home gets built.

They'll meet mime and Aless's mom's. Their grandmas. And their godparents, B and Oak. They'll meet their uncles, Joel, Mateo, Dante, Rowan, Leo.

They'll meet all the people who've loved them while they grew in my stomach.

Aless and I's life will be forever changed. It'll no longer ever be the two of us. We'll have two mini humans who'll depend on us forever. Two babies who we'll love unconditionally and who'll love us unconditionally.

After today I'll meet my children.

•••

"How are you feeling?" Aless smiles, moving hair out of my face.

"Good." I smile up at him from the hospital bed I lay on. The doctors haven't drugged me but I'm not in any pain at the moment.

Everyone is in the hospital lobby which surprised all the nurses since they're a big bunch. Even Grey and Julie wanted to be here.

My mom and Aless will both be in the delivering room with me. Mom is currently on the couch knitting two identical blankets.

Aless sits at my side, holding my hand as each minute passes and gets us closer to pushing. He goes to check on everybody in the waiting room every once in a while to give updates. Most of them fell asleep since it got late and the doctors don't expect me to start pushing for a few more hours.

I told them they could go home and wait from there but none of them were having it. Even Nico insisted on staying and fell asleep on one of the hospital chairs.

At the beginning of my pregnancy I thought it'd be a long lonely journey. But all these people here in the hospital waiting for our baby girls arrival say otherwise.

When I got pregnant I was expecting to attend all my appointments alone and struggle with that fact alone, that I didn't have anybody.

But now as I get ready to give birth I have Aless with me and all my friends waiting in the lobby. It's more support than I could imagine.

"What's wrong?" He hums catching my tear before it has that chance to fall.

I sniffle and place my palm over his. "I'm just happy that everyone is here. I'm happy you're here with me. I'm happy we're doing it together."

Aless smiles softly. "Thank you for choosing me to be here with you, amore. I don't know what I'd do if it wasn't me."

"It'll always be you." I whisper smiling. He chuckles and kisses my forehead. "It better be."

The doctor and a few nurses come strolling in with identical smiles. "Looks like you have a full house out there." One of the nurses checking my IV laughs. "They all seem excited."

I nod, smiling. "Yea, they are."

The doctor checks my dilation making my chest swell with excited nerves when she says I've hit eight centimeters.

The last few hours I've experienced a few contractions and I'm relived to know I can now get the epidural before they get worse.

"Okay." One of the nurses smiles brightly as she snaps on some gloves and pulls out a large needle. The epidural needle is possibly one of the most frightening.

She hands it off the doctor and has me sit up while they undo my gown from the back. "You'll feel a little pinch, alright?" The doctor warns when she uses an antiseptic swab to clean the spot on my back where it'll go.

"Alright." I say breathlessly. I squeeze Aless's hand as the doctor gives me the shot. I gasp feeling the little sting. It doesn't hurt all that much but it was enough to bring tears to my eyes.

Aless wipes them away like he has all my tears for the last months. He helps tie my gown back up and pulls the blankets back up to cover my body.

"The call button is right there, call if you feel you need us in immediately. The doctor will be in every ten minutes to check dilation, ok?"

I nod and thank the nurses as they leave.

Mamá get up from her spot and walks over to where I'm laying. "Como te sientes, mija?" She smiles caressing my face. She holds my cheek in her palm and leans down to kiss my forehead.

"I'm a little nervous." I admit feeling the funny sensation in my chest.

Mamá laughs and pats my cheek. "There's no reason to be, but it's perfectly normal."

"Yea?" I sigh leaning into her plan. "Did you feel nervous?"

"Very." She laughs again. "With the twins I was beyond nervous. I was scared and nothing felt right but it was all okay. Then with you," her smile grows, "I was even more nervous. I had already did it twice doing it again should be easy. I was so nervous, nothing could calm me down I was close to having a breakdown, but then when you were born the whole world stilled as I held you. When you're holding your babies everything will be worth it. Te lo prometo."

I nod feeling solace in her words. It'll all be worth it.