Chapter 9 - he hasn't got long left

Carmeñ's pov:

Yesterday was fun. I loved training. It was a chance to improve and become better. There was always room for improvement. Also the Chelsea girls were a good group of people. They were all sweet to me and could have a laugh. I was exited to play with them and I thought it was a strong team. I was here to win.

I was really exited to see Jill. I hadn't seen her in ages and I missed her so much. She had gone through the same loss as me and could relate in a way that Lex couldn't. Lex didn't mind Jill though. Well she didn't show it anyway.
'Jess I'm going to see some friends' I said as I knocked on her door and walked in. She was at her desk doing some work or something. I wasn't very clever so I gave up after high school. The highest result I got on my GCSEs was a C and that was in PE. I was thinking about taking a coaching corse though. It was something I had always wanted to do and good for after football.
'Okay cool will you be back for lunch or no?'she asked me as she walked over to me.
'No sorry I'm eating out' 'I'll probably be back around half 5 or so and I'll text you when I'm on my way back' I said as I hugged her.
'Okay have fun I'll see you later'she said hugging me back
'Bye' I said as she went back to her room.
I walked back to my room and grabbed my phone, AirPods, keys and money. I wasn't sure what to wear. I couldn't wear and Arsenal when I played for Chelsea so I decided on Jill's 6 white Dutch shirt and some blue slightly ripped jeans. I had Dutch braided my hair and remembered all the times I had braided everyone's hair at Barça. I was the team braided over there and I hoped no one had taken my job. I would come back for it.

I got onto my car and looked at the time. It was 10 and the game started at 11. They were playing in a Stadium that was about a 30 minute drive. I plugged my phone in and opens the roof considering it was around 17 degrees outside. It was supposed to get up to 24 degrees today and I loved sunny and hot weather. I always had a really nice tan and I loved it. It reminded me of home. I put my playlist on and started the drive.

I arrived at the stadium at 10:40 and I had 20 minutes to spare. I parked and walked in with everyone else. Jill had got me a seat right next to the sub bench so I would be near them. Some people recognised me and asked for photos. It surprised me that they recognised me considering I had played in Spain my whole life. I went and found my seat which took me a while because I have no sense of direction whatsoever. By the time I finally got to my seat it was 10:55. I sat down and put by bag down. I might have well been sitting on the sun bench with how close I was. Jill, Viv and Daan were all starting so I didn't know anyone on the bench. I recognised a few of them though. The stadium started cheering as the teams walked through the tunnel. I spotted Jill straight away and I saw Viv and Daan as well. I recognised the England captain Leah Williamson and a few other players. They all lined up and Viv saw me. Her face lit up as she smiled and gave me a small wave. Jill's yes we're searching the crowd but she still didn't see me. They all walked to their places and the whistle blew.

In the 27th minute Viv scored and she didn't celebrate just let everyone jump on her. After they all ran off she blew me a kiss and i I pretended to catch it making her laugh.

Just before half time Jill spotted me and as soon as the whistle blew she ran toward the rail separating us. She motioned to the security guard to let me through. I ran from my seat to the edge of the pitch were she was standing and jumped into her arm. She hugged me tightly and I breathed in her familiar sent.
'jij stinkt' I said to her and she laughed still holding me. (You smell). I loved Jill's laugh. It always sounded so free.
'Hello to you to' she said back to me breaking away but keeping an arm around my shoulder. She was really tall so she could it easily.
I hugged her again.
'I missed you' I mumbled into her shoulder.
'I missed you to klein' she said back to me. (Tiny) I laughed at the nickname
'Just because your like a giant does not make me tiny' I said pulling away bulinking arms with her.
'Sure klein whatever you say' she said as I walked her to the changing room.