Chapter 45 - i missed you

Carmeñ's pov:

Our game against Germany was not good. We lost 2-1 to them and they played very well. It was an exiting match thought. It kept us on our toes and made us better as a team. I didn't wear the armband but it was an important game so that was understandable.

Today we were playing Denmark and it was our last game in the group stage. It would be a tough game but I was exited. It would mean that I was playing Pernille but it would be nice to see her before the new season.

I skipped out side in my training kit to go and warm up. I dragged my eye's across the pitch looking for the familiar blonde. I spotted her and ran. I jumped on her back so she was giving me a piggyback ride. She wasn't ready for my weight and toppled over forward. I laughed and she looked unamused.
'P I missed you!' I said and she finally smiled. I hugged her and she rocked us back and forth.
'I missed you to Car and I saw you wore the armband the other day' she said and I blushed.
'I'm proud of you' she said looking me dead in the eye and kissed my head.

I wasn't starting today. I was more than okay with it. I was not more than okay with all the best players from our squad being benched. And I don't know if it was just me but it was mostly only the Barça girls being benched. I pushed my thoughts to the back of my head and watched the game in fount of me.

At halftime me and Ona decided to do a lap. She had played but was coming off so she didn't mind. As we were walking i saw that Pernille had been standing at this one bit of the stands and every now and then would glance over at me. I just brushed it off and continued chatting with Ona.

It was times like this that made me realise how much I had missed my girls. I was so happy about coming back to Barça. I would get to be back with my family and be surrounded by people who love me.

We had walked almost the whole pitch and had finally got to where Pernille was standing very suspiciously.
'P what are you doing?' I asked the woman as she stood awkwardly at the fence.
'Oh just chilling' she said with a smirk on her face.
'Okay if you say so' I said and was about to walk off with Ona agin until she pulled me back.
'Wait there is someone I want you to meet' she said. I turned to Ona.
/'I'll meet you back over their yeah'/ I said and she ruffled my hair before walking away. I turned back to P and followed her eye line. My gaze landed on the fist row about a meter away from us. I looked at the girl and my eyes widened a massive smile crept onto my face.
'J!' I shouted and jumped over the fence into her arms. We held each other tightly, finding comfort in the other's presence.
'Hey Lee' she said with her Canadian accent that I missed so much. I pulled away but still held her at arm's length.
'What are you doing here?' I asked her still in shock that she was here.
'Well I had a few days off and I wanted to see you' she said grinning. I hugged her again tightly and secretly kissed her cheek. I felt her cheeks heat up and it made me grin.

I was called back over to the rest of the team. Jorge gave us a extremely boring talk and the second half was close to starting.

At first he made no changes until he came to his senses and realised this game wasn't going to be won like this. In the 70th minute a few of us were subbed on and now we had a pretty good team. He told me to warm up so I did and ran onto the pitch.

No one's:

Carmeñ and the other girls had an immediate impact on the game. Denmark struggled to even touch the ball. An extra 3 minutes were added and it made all the difference.

Carmeñ got the ball from Leila and crossed it to the open Mariona. With a second touch she put it into the back of the net.

With 30 seconds left of the game, Spain had a corner. Mapi took it and it reached the head of Patri. She celebrated and just as play was about to start again the final whistle blew.

Carmeñ's pov:

As soon as that whistle blew I was sprinting towards Lex. We had made it to the knock out stages. I tackled her in a massive bear hug.
/'We did it Lex!'/ I said happily.
/'Yeah you did'/ she said giving me a massive grin. The rest of the team came over and we all celebrated and laughed.

Me and Lex did a slow lap around the pitch talking to the fans ect. We got to wear J was sitting and this time she came right up to the fence.
'Lee you played so well!' She said excitedly hugging me.
'Thanks J' I said hugging her back going red.
'And Alexia I'm so sorry' she said looking at the women next to me sadly.
'Thanks Jessie'

We chatted for a bit longer and decided that we should go out tomorrow . We arranged a time and place before we had to go back to the hotel.

/'Tiss we all saw you and your girlfriend'/ Leila teased making me blush.
/'go away Leila'/ I said pushing the girls head away from me but she just laughed.
/'awww don't be embarrassed Tiss'/ Jenni said joining in.
/'I hate you guys'/ I said pretending to be upset but I was a shot actor.
/'no you don't you love us'/ Leila said and they both hugged me.
/'okay maybe I do'/

The next day I stood in the hotel lobby waiting for J to arrive. We decided to go out to London for the day. A few of the other girls were doing it as well.
'Lee' she sang as she walked in. I ran to her. I quickly glanced around to make sure there was no cameras or fans before pressing my lips against hers. But most of the team were there and I would have to brace myself for the teasing when I got back.
'I missed you' she mumbled against my lips.
'I missed you to'

We walked into London seeing as it was only a 10 minute walk from our hotel. We looked at all the sights and ate at a cute little restaurant we found. It was an amazing day. We even got a cute little photo in front of the London eye that I made my Lock Screen.

@carmeñletissiè

Liked by @claudiaapina and 638,373 others

@carmeñletissiè- London✨

View all 362 comments

——————————————————
Not the best but we move. Ty for reading xx