Chapter 26 - no promises

Jessie's pov:

Lee had been home for a few days now. She had training yesterday and she wasn't herself. I had noticed it as soon as she had come back. She seemed off. Her smile didn't reach her eyes and she didn't have the energy around her that she normally did. The bags under her eyes were noticeable and always seem to be slightly red or puffy. She didn't show much emotion and just walked around a it like a robot. The wall that she had started to lower went right back up again.

We had a game today at home against Arsenal again. Lee had only missed 2 games but I don't think she will be played today. We can all sense the tiredness around her. But her and Emma had been talking tactics recently so I think she will help her. We all saw her at the Barça game helping their coach with tactics so Emma wanted to try it out.

Niamh was in Lee's room while Lee braided her hair. Lee did everyone's hair and was the team braided.
'Are you guys almost done' i wined walking into the room.
'Almost Jess be patient gosh' Niamh said smiling.
'Yeah I only need like 2 mins' Lee said concentrating on the hair. Cute.
'Okayyyy do you want anything?' I asked
'Can I have some water please' Niamh said
'Yep Lee?'
'I'm okay thanks' she said not looking up.
'Okay if your sure' I said and I walked out.

'Here you go Charlie' I said handing her the glass.
'Thank you Jess also I have something to tell you guys' she said turning around as Lee was done. Lee frowned slightly and I sat down next to her.
'We'll come on then we have to go soon' I said.
'Well I have been asked to do vlogs for we play strong and I just wanted to make sure you guys wouldn't mind.' She said
'Ooo fun so we get to be vloggers?' Lee said
'Yeah!' Niamh said
'Of course we don't mine Charlie' i said slightly pushing her shoulder.
'Now come on we don't have all day we will be late' I said and pulled Lee up by her hands.

Carmeñ's pov:

'J is it okay if I got out with Jill, Viv and Daan after the game?' I asked. We were on the bus and I had my head leaning on her shoulder.
'Yeah course you don't have to ask' She asked
'Okay thanks J' I said. I hadn't seen them for a while and I missed them lots.

For the rest of the journey I was rewatching the last game to see where we could improve. We all warmed up and got ready. I wasn't starting and I didn't expect to play.

The game started and I stood next to Emma telling her everything I had thought of.  The first half ended 1-1 with goals from Viv and Pernille.

In the second half Niamh came off so I went and sat with her. She was talking to her little camera.
'Charlieee' I said as I sat next to me.
'Hey Lee Lee' she said and put her arm over my shoulder. I snuggled into her. It was only like 10 degrees and I was cold.
'So Lee tell the people what you have been doing today' she asked me.
'Umm me and Emma have been talking about ummmm Dios mío, olvidé la palabra' I said trying to think of the word in English. (Oh my god I forgot the word)
'English please Lee we don't speak Spanish' she said.
'Lo siento I just forgot the word' I said blushing with embarrassment. Niamh just laughed at me.
'What's it in Spanish and I'll try and guess' she said
'táctica' I said.(tactics)
'Ummm oh tactics!' She said
'Yeah thank you Charlie anyway me and Emma were talking about tactics and how to improve our game' I said proudly.
'Lovely and how do you think it is going so far' she asked
'Well I think it is going well but arsenal are a strong team so we will see' I said
'It's a shame you arnt playing today' she said
'Yeah but Im not ready just yet I need a little longer' I said. She hugged me tighter
'And we will wait'

'JILLY' I screamed and launched myself into the Dutch woman's arms. She wasn't expecting it and she fell over backwards taking me with her. We both burst out laughing. We just lay on the floor next to each other. She turned over to look at me.
'kom hier' she said and pulled me into her. (Come here) I wrapped my arms around her as she hugged me tightly. Tears started to fall from my eyes and she gently rubbed my back
'You are so strong' she whispered into my hair making me cry even more. I could feel her crying to and we just stood there in each others arms.

'I bet we are getting lots of wired looks right now' she said after a while making me laugh a bit. We finally pulled away and she wiped one of my tears away.
'Later we will talk okay?' She said and grabbed my hand.
'Yeah okay' I said and we walked over to viv.
'Viviannaaaaa' i sang and hugged her from behind. She was quite a bit taller than me so my arms only reached no higher than her middle.
'Carmennnn' she sang back.
'Nice goal that was Vivi' I said and unwrapped my arms from her.
'Yeah but you still won' she said slightly pouting. We had won 2-1 with one more goal from Sam.
'What can I say we are just better' I shrugged and she leapt at me. I screamed playfully and ran away.

I ran until I saw Daan with a blond woman. I crept up behind her and shouted 'BOO'. She jumped and yelled. I doubled over laughing at her. She picked me up and span me around.
'Oi you that was not funny' she said laughing
'It clearly was because both me and you are laughing' I said back. She ruffled my hair
'Still don't do it again' she said. I wiggled my eyebrows
'No promises'

'Oi Audi are you coming back with us on the bus or no?' Nimah asked
'ay dios mío stop with the car namessss' I groaned and hit her arm.( oh my god). She pouted and rubbed her arm slightly.
'And no I'm going with Jill' I said
'Okay I'll see you later yeah' she said giving me a quick side hug.

'Tissiè you ready to go' Sam threw and arm around my shoulder.
'Sorry Sammi K I got places ummm' I said forgetting the saying.
'Places to be and people to see?' She asked
'Yeah that' I said and we both started laughing.
'Okay but I'll see you tomorrow for training yeah?' She asked
'Corse Sammi bye' I said walking away.
'Bye baby Spain'

'Jilly let's go' I said linking arms with her.
'Come on then' she said and we walked towards her car.
'Okay so in about an hour we are going to go to Viv and Lisa's and Viv is going to cook us some Dutch food' she said excitedly.
'Oooo yum' I said. Viv was a really good cook so I was exited.
'But also Lisa will be there and Daan and Beth will come as well' she said. I didn't mind they seemed nice.
'Cool I don't mind' I said as we reached her Car.
'Good good' she said and we drove away.

————————————————————
Sorry it's been a few days. Thank you for reading xx