Chapter 25 - i missed you

Carmeñ's pov:

Jonatan was letting me travel with the team to the stadium. I saw at the back next to Pina with Jana and Patri opposite us.
/'can you just play with us anyway?'/ Pina said resting her head on my shoulder.
/'sorry Pins but I'm not officially a Barça player and I have my flight straight after'/ I said. After the game I was getting in a cab back to the airport. I didn't bring much with me only a backpack because loads of my stuff was in Spain anyway.
/'we will see you soon though yeah?'/ Patri asked.
/'yep you can't get rid of me that easily'/ I said and they laughed.

We all got off the bus me being the last one off with Pina.
/'are you gonna be okay my love'/ she asked me and linked arms with me
/'I will be Pins and it will help if you win this'/ I said and she laughed
/'your wish is my command'/ she said wiggling her eyebrows making me laugh.

While the girls were warming up I sat on the sub bench next to Coach.
/'alright Carmeñ I have missed you and your tactic brain tell me what we can do'/ he said to me and I smirked. Me, Lex and coach used to watch old games and study our opponents for hours and talk about how we could have improved it or how to beat them. I missed it.

We sat there talking tactics until we heard the ref in the tunnel saying that the teams were ready to go.
/'alright Carmeñ you better go and sit at the back so it's not obvious'/ Coach said as the teams started to walk out. I snuck to the back and sat in the very necks row. Jana and Bruna can and sat next to me to try and blend me in.
/'I haven't seen you guys play in ages!'/ I sat clapping twice in excitement.
/'god it's hasn't even started and she already can't sit still!'/ Bruna said to Jana over me. I rolled my eyes but we all laughed.

Bruna was right I couldn't sit still. Every time the ball got in our half I got excited and sat up straight or bounced my legs. I was also shouting things like
/'TANA IS OPEN'/ and /'CROSS THE BALL'/
I think I had burst the 2 girls ear drums. But by the second half we were up by 3-1.

I went into the changing room and gathered everyone around.
/'okay Maps and Marta you guys somtimes drift apart and leave gaps in our defence so just be aware. I think Jana should come in I think she could help strengthen it. Tana I think you could afford to go a bit more forward and get a goal if you want'/ i darted rambling from there but they all nodded so I continued until one of the staff members told us it was time for the second half.
/'okay girls I believe in you do amazing'/ I said.
'FORCA BARÇA' we all shouted before walking out.

The final whistle blew and the score was 4-1 with goals from Lex, Graham, Tana and Mariona.

/'let's go girlssss'/ I said as I walked into the changing rooms.
/'all thanks to you and those tactics'/ Tana said poking my stomach. I blushed and hid myself in Lex's arms.

/'okay I should probably go'/ I said as I sat next to Lex and Mapi.
/'okay I love you and I'm only a call away. I'll see you very very soon okay? Go and smash it in England again'/ Mapi said and hugged me tightly.

One everyone had hugged me and said goodbye Lex walked me to the cab that was going to drive me to the airport.
/'I could have taken you'/ she said and pulled me into her arms.
/'I wanted you to spend time with the girls'/
/'I spend enough time with them already car and not enough with you'/
/'you will see me again soon and I'll call you all the time'/
/'Car don't suffer in silence there are so many people who are hear to let you cry on their shoulder. I know it's going to be hard for you going back with no Marc but don't shut people out. I'm going to miss you so so so much and I love you.'/ she said holding me tighter
/'I'm gonna miss you to Lexy and I love you as well'/ I said and pulled away. She kissed my head and I got into the back of th car. Lex was crying as the car pulled away from her leaving her standing outside the stadium on her own.

I got on the plane and texted Jess.

Freckles🇨🇦💕

J I'm just getting on the fligh now I'll be like 2 1/2 hours are you still okay to pick me up xxxx

Yay I've missed you and of course I can still come and pick you up text me when you land xxxx

I've missed you to freckles and thank youuu xxxx

I rested my head against the window and fell asleep.

I was jolted awake by the plane landing and I quickly texted Jess to let her know. We were all shooed off the plane.

I was walking around trying to find the Canadian when I felt someone wrap their arms alr our me from behind. I tensed up but when I recognised the touch I relaxed my body into her.
'Hey J' I said and she turned me around to hug me properly.
'Hey Lee' she said and kissed my hair.
'Can we go?' I asked her
'Yep lead the way' she said.

We ended up getting a bit lost but finally after 45 minutes of wondering around we managed to find the car.
We got in and Jess started to drive.
'How was Spain!' She asked me.
'It was amazing I love my country what about you how was your Christmas' I asked back.
'It was good yeah Canada was snowing! It was nice to see my family I haven't even them for almost a year so nice to see everyone' she said and she smiled. It was cute.
'I really missed you' I said quietly playing with me hands. She looked over at me and smiled at me.
'I miss you to Lee lots' she said holding eye contact. She turned back to the road and put her hand on the gear stick. I put my hand on top of hers and looked away. I could see her blush and was sure I was as well. She slowly flipped her hand over and entwined our fingers. I felt my face flush red again and goosebumps up my arm at the touch. I smiled at my self liking the feeling of her hand in mine.

We continued to chat about our holidays as we arrived back home. I opens the door to be pulled straight into the arms of a English woman.
'Ello Lee nice of you to come back' she joked
'I missed you to Charlie' I said
'Nooo not that nameee' she complained and let me and Jessie in.

All three of us sat on the sofa just catching up and laughing. Until I remembered.
'ay dios mío how could I forget wait here guys' I said and ran into my room. (Oh my god) I came back out with 2 presents in my hand and sat between Jess and Niamh.
'Okay Charlie here you go and merry Christmas' I said handing her the present. I had gotten her a sober necklace that said 'Niamh' on it in fancy writing .
'Oh Lee thank you girl' she said and leaned  over to hug me.
'Okay J your turn' I said holding the present out to her. She took it an opened it. Her jaw dropped.
'ADELE TICKETS' she shouted. I nodded exitedly and she jumped on me and hugged me. I kissed the side of her head and she say yo again still grinning madly. She loved Adele and had been on and on about this tour she was having.
'But I don't understand all the tickets were sold out like straight away' she said frowning ever so slightly but still smiling.
'What can I say I just worked my magic' I said and we all laughed.

I was also given presents. Niamh had gotten me a cute anklet and Jessie got me some simple sliver earrings. I actually had 10 ear piercings altogether. I had 2 on each lobe and on my right I had 2 orbital conch and 1 forward helix, on my left I had 2 helix and 1 tragus.

We all went to bed and I lay awake staring at my ceiling. I remembered the last time I was hear and tears started to spill. I couldn't stop them and I heard the door open.
'Lee are you ok- shhh it's okay' Jessie said coming over to me and wrapping g her arms around me. I cried into her chest for a while before I pulled myself together.
'Sorry' I said
'Don't apologise it's more that okay' she said rubbing my back.
'Will you stay?' I asked her and she nodded. She lay next to me and I cuddled up next to her malting my head on her chest.
'Goodnight Lee'
'Goodnight J'

————————————————————
Lovly stuff are we still enjoying it? Thank you for reading xxx