Chapter 34 - final game as a blue

Carmeñ's pov:

It was the last game of the season and also the WSL finallll. We were playing arsenal and I was really excited. I had never actually played them. I had always been away or rested by today I was coming in at half time. Super sub you know. The past few days we hadn't done much. We went on a runs and mainly chilled at home. Me and Jessie talked about what we were.

'I don't really know what I want J I just know that I really like you' I said and she smiled.
'Well I already told Niamh so the whole world might know by tomorrow' she laughed and so did I.
'I think we can tell the team and family and stuff but not the fans just yet' I said and she agreed.
'Yeah okay' she said and kissed my nose before walking out.

Duchies🇳🇱

Jilly🇳🇱👑
je bent klaar klein (you ready tiny)

Vivi🧡
pas op liefde (watch out love)

Danny❣️
we gaan je spaanse kont slaan (we are gonna beat your Spanish arse)

spel op (game on)

I smiled exited to see Jill again. It had been ages and I missed her loads. I sat up to see Lex and Mapi still fast asleep beside me. It was only 8am but at Barça training starts and 9 so I guess they were enjoying the lie in. I got up threw on shorts and a hoodie then walked into the kitchen.

I sat at the island with my coffee. I was hungry but the last time a cooked it was a disaster. No one ever let me cook but I wasn't complaining. Today was my last game in a Chelsea kit. It was bittersweet because this team had become family to me. But I was really homesick and missed my Barça girls. I was ready to go back.

I felt someone stand behind me and arms go around my neck. I leant into them.
'You okay?' She asked and kissed my forehead.
'Yeah just thinking' I said as I stood up. I hugged her and we stood there in each others arms.

'Group huggg' was all I hear and the next thing was another person hugging me and J. I then heard more footsteps and a voice say.
'espero no estar interrumpiendo nada' came Mapi's voice making me laugh. (I hope I'm not interrupting anything). I wriggled out of the 2 girls arms and into the blond's arm.

Me, Jessie and Niamh sat at the island in a row talking to the camera.
'Right we have to leave now so any last words' Niamh asked me.
'Well in the nicest way possible I didn't expect to like Chelsea as much as I did but you guys have really made me feel at home and I will miss you guys lots' I said feeling tears come to my eyes.
'Awwww Lee and we will miss you to lots' J said tearing up as well.
'Yep who else will smack the back of my head?' Niamh said tears brimming her eyes. I hugged them both holding them tight.
'Come on then we can't be late'

We said goodbye to Mapi and Lex. I left them my car keys, promising to break their legs if they crashed it. We made the bus with only like 1 minute to spare but we still made it.

Millie's pov: (Millie Bright)

'I swear they are always last' Erin said making us laugh.
'But somehow they are always on time' Guro said. The seat next to me was saved for Carmeñ. Opposite sat Sam and Erin with Guro in the seats behind. Tissiè had told us about her and Jessie and we teased her about it every minute.

As if on queue someone plopped down on the seat next to me.
'me encanta este clima' she said and let out a sigh. (I am loving this weather)
'Ummm English please' Sam said making her roll her eyes.
'Lo siento, the weather, I like it' she said pointing up. (Sorry). It was the start of June and it was around 25 degrees Celsius. You could say Tissiè was making the most of it in her shorts and t shirt with big ski sunglasses on her face.

Me, Erin, Sam and Guro were playing Uno while Carmeñ was chatting to everyone who would listen. She looked over interested.
'Can I play?' She asked.
'You can be on my team' I said knowing she had an attention span of about 10 seconds. She nodded happily then frowned. She then whispered in my ear.
'I don't know how to play' she said and sat back down. I chuckled a bit but them put an arm around her shoulder and she leant into my side.
'Just watch and you will get it'

About 3 minutes later she got bored but we arrived at Wembley. This was a big and important game for us. It was also the last game of the season and Carmeñ's last game in blue. She was walking at the back by herself with a small smile on her face as she watched everyone chat while walking. I waited for her and linked our arms.
'I'm gonna miss you guys' she almost whispered.
'As will we Tissiè but I see the look on your face every time you even think about Barça and I can tell how much you miss it' I said. I didn't want her to go. She was like a little sister to me and I had a lot of love for her after only a season on playing together. She had been a key player this season and had been amazing for Chelsea. She was loved by everyone and was an amazing person to be around.

Carmeñ's pov:

After dropping our stuff in the changing rooms we walked out to do our pitch inspection. I saw some Arsenal hoodies and look around for my Duchies.

The first one I saw was Daan and Beth so I walked over to them.
'Danny' I said and she hugged me tightly.
'So your off to France are you?' I asked her as we pulled away.
'Yep time for a new challenge' she said looking exited.
'Can you speak any french?' I laughed.
'But seriously I'm happy for you and France is even closer to Spain than England!' I said happily.
'So your back to Barça then?' Daan said then laughed as I winked at her.
'Hey Beth how have you been?' I said to the blond next to Daan hugging her.
'Yeah I have been good and ready for my holiday' she said.
'Ooo where are you going?' I asked being nosy as aways.
'Ibiza' she said grinning.
'Funnnnn'

I wondered off to find Viv and found her with a few of her teammates. I jumped on her back.
'Ready to face me Vivianne?' I teased her.
'Oi you finally paying today' she teasingly and I jumped of her back.
'We are rivals' I said standing on my top toes trying to get in her face.
'Klein you are so short compared to me' she teased towering over me.
'Yeah but I would beat you in a race' I said.
'Alright break it up' a strong Irish accent said next to us. The woman pulled me in for a hug.
'Hola Katie' I said hugging her back. We handy know each other very long but she was really sweet to me and we were friends.
'Right you go away and back to your team gosh' she said pushing me towards the blue tracksuits.
'Goingggg' I said and walked off.

We went and changed into our warming up kits and I still hadn't seen Jill. We came back out side ready to warm up. We were doing a few drill when I felt someone pick me up and spin me in a circle.
'Carmeñ!' She sang in my ear as she put me down.
'Jilly' I sang back and hugged her like a koala.

We had been chatting for a few minutes about me and Jessie, Barça and Jill's new club when I finally took in her outfit.
'Ummm Jilly what do you call this?' I asked her as a few of her teammates came over.
'Ummm clothes' she said
'Well duh I meant why on earth are you wearing leggings and a jumper?' I said frowning. I was in shorts and a t shirt making the most of this sun. I was naturally darker but keeping this tan up was a lifestyle.
'Well i was a bit cold' she shrugged.
I held my hand up in her face and turned away.
'Don't talk to me you strange person' and with that I ran back to my team.

'Come on Lee it's time to go' J said Hindi g put her hand for me to hold. I held it gladly and took in my surroundings. I would miss this team so much and I didn't want to mess up my last game.
'Hey you will do great okay?' She said as we reached the tunnel. I faced and and quickly pecked her lips.
'Thanks J go and smash it' I said before walking to the sun bench and standing next to Emma. Recently if I wasn't playing I was helping Emma with tactics. It was fun and I enjoyed it.

The teams walked out, took their photos and walked to their places. Once everyone was ready the whistle blew. Final game as a blue.

————————————————————
Thought I would switch it up with Millie's pov. Thank you for reading xx