Chapter 17 - see you on the pitch

Carmeñ's pov:

I was going to see Ona today. We were playing Man United in Manchester so I was going to stay at Ona's tonight. I hadn't seen the girl for 3 weeks and missed her a lot.
Someone banged on my door.
'Come on BMW get up' Niamh shouted
'Fuck of Niamh' I shouted back. She thought it was funny to call me a different brand of car makers all the time just because of the Car nickname. I didn't think it was funny at all.

Once I was ready I walked into the lounge with my bag.
'J Niamh is being mean to me again' I walked into the Canadians arms.
'Niamh stop being mean to her' she pretended to tell the English girl off.
'Gosh sorry mum' she said to Jessie.
'Piss off Niamh' she said back.

I sat next to Jessie again on the bus. We were at the back opposite Sam and Millie. Me and Jessie were really close and we would always watch gogglebox together.
'Okay I know how close you are with Batlle so no going easy on her okay?' Sam said to me. I laughed a bit but then I thought do they really think I would do that. Do they think that little of me. I shook it off.
'Never for 90 minutes we have never met' I said back and i meant it.

We arrived at the stadium to see the Man U bus already there. We went and got changed to warm up.

I went outside onto the pitch with Millie next to me. We all broke into groups and started warming up. I had wondered off and was juggling the ball when someone in a red training kit came and stole my ball.
They started running up the pitch and quickly looked back. It was Ona thinking she was funny. I knew I was a lot faster then her so I ran after her. I reached her and ran next to her before slide tackling her. She fell and we landed next to each other on the floor.
'hola a ti 2 ' I said. ( hello to you 2)

We sat there and chatted for a bit before we were called in to get changed.
'nos vemos en la cancha' I said. (See you on the pitch)
' nos vemos Tiss' and we went into the opposite changing rooms. (See you)

Ona's pov:

There was a many things I liked about Barça one of them being I never had to defend Tiss in a real game. Yeah we had faced each other in training but that was different.

I stood in the tunnel and looked for Tiss on the other side. I breathed a sigh of relief when i couldn't see her. I didn't want to have to 1 v 1 her. Her level of play was so high. I guess that's what happens when you play with the top players in the world at 15. She really was amazing at what she does.

The game started and Tiss was on the bench. We could do this.

In the 31st minute Alessia Russo managed to get her head on the ball from a corner. We all hugged her and congratulated her. This was good.

The first half finished and I went back into the changing room. We were all chatting and laughing while getting ready for the next half. I had made some good friends in the team. I lived with Sophie Baggaley and Katie Zelem. My English was coming along but not very well. But I could get the jist of things.

The whistle blew again and the game resumed. In the 50th minute I started to run up the pitch with the ball. I saw Leah Galton open and crossed to her. She put her foot on it and I went in the net. Everyone came up to me and her hugging us and cheering. I looked over at Chelsea's bench and saw Tiss standing next to the sub board. She smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up. She would always have my back even if we were on different sides.

1 minute later the sub board was shown. It had the number 5 in red and the number 13 in green. Here we go.

In the 64th minute Fleming and Le Tissiè started their run up the pitch they crossed the ball back and forth while sprinting up. Tiss passed it to an open Sam Kerr who put it into the back of the net. They ran off and celebrated but I blew Tiss a kiss hence she looked over. It may have looked sarcastic from an overlooker but she and I knew it was genuine. We were both always proud of each other.