Chapter 42 - it is an honour

Carmeñ's pov:

We had been in camp for about a week and we going to England in a few days. But today was my second favourite day. Media dayyy! I found it so fun but I liked to talk a lot so that helped.

Patri and Lelia were given a mic and were going around interviewing them everyone they could find. I was in a photo shoot with the kit and they stood there taking the piss out of me.
/'Stop!'/ I said laughing a threw the ball I had at them. It hit Patri on the head making me and Leila laugh.
/'I'm gonna get you Tiss'/ she said and ran at me. I sprinted in the other direction finding Ona walking to an interview.
/'Ons save me'/ I shouted and jumped on her back. She started running with me on her back but stumbled and all 3 of us fell in a pile. We all burst out laughing as Lelia caught up with tears in her eyes. We got up and were still laughing until we saw Jorge walking over to us.
/'girls go back to your places or you will be cut'/ he said. We all looked shocked. We were just having some fun and we all walked back to where we supposed to be.

I was walking to do an interview when I saw Mapi and Lex sitting on a sofa talking to someone. I overheard my name mentioned so I walked over.
/'hey sexys'/ I said as I sat next to Lex making my presence known.
/'hey car'/ they both said.
/'hello I'm Carmeñ'/ I said to the interviewer smiling.
/'hi Carmeñ'/ he said and smiled back.
/'is it okay that im here'/ I said not wanting to interrupt.
/'I think so'/ he said.
/'stay Car it's fine'/ Lex said patting my leg and I relaxed onto the sofa.
/'so Carmeñ what have you been up to today?'/ the interview asked me.
/'umm I have had a few photoshoots and I have an interview in a few minutes'/ I said nodding.
/'This one loves shoots'/ Mapi said and ruffled my hair.
/'I mean I would with a face as pretty as that'/ Lex said and squeezed my cheeks together making me blush.
/'stop guys'/ I said pushing their hands away.
/'awww are we embarrassing you'/ Mapi said and I flicked her head.

We chatted for a few minutes until my phone went off. I had set a reminder for my interview so I remember. It was with the bbc and I spoke the best English on the team so they decided I should do it. I said bye and walked over to the corner off the room. 2 chairs were opposite each other but angled towards the camera. I said hello them sat in one of the chairs while the interviewer sat in the other.
'Hello Carmeñ thank you for coming on' she said smiling.
'Hello and thank you for having me' I said and smiled back my Spanish accent very different from her English one. She explained that she would ask me questions from the public.
'So to start of with how are you feeling about the euros' she asked.
'Well I'm obviously excited but there is also some nerves' I said.
'Yes I mean it is a very big tournament' she said.
'It is and there are lots of very good teams' I said
'Indeed so tell me the story of being called up' she said.
'Well I was actually on holiday and I was in the pool so Lex picked up the phone for me. She answered and they told her and then she called me out of the pool to talk to them' I said.
'Yes and who is Lex?' She asked
'Lex is my nickname for Alexia Putellas' I said .
'You 2 are very close I have heard'
'She is my legal guardian and is my family. I go on her family holidays with Eli and Alba and they have treated me like family. I am very very grateful for her and everything she has done for me' I said
'That is very sweet and the next question is how do you feel about been selected for the squad'
'It is an honour to play for my country and to play with such amazing and experienced players'

Questions like that continued for about 10 minutes until we were all done.
'Thank you for you time Carmeñ' she said as we stood up. I kissed each side of her cheeks.
'Thank you have a good day' I said as I walked away. I had one last interview with Me and Ona. We were doing this thing called 'teammates' and had to answer questions about each other.

/'one thing the other person can't live without'/ the interviewer said and Ona started writing straight away but I wasn't sure. I remembered how she always had music playing on a speaker so I wrote a speaker. She always had one with her and I'm pretty sure it was attached to her.
/'3,2,1 show'/ the person said and we flipped the boards around. We both looked at each others and for me she wrote my massive sunglasses.
/'okay let me explain'/ she said. /'I'm not sure when but a while ago we had a big win and Car here got a bit drunk so to hide it she found these massive sunglasses that were like ski goggles. Now she wear them all the time did you see the photos when she won the WSL? She had the glasses on.'/ Ona said laughing as she did make me laugh.
/'okay okay and I wrote your speaker because you are always dancing and singing terribly to your music'/ I said and she looked shocked.
/'Oi you sing and dance with me you you can't say anything'/ she said and we both started laughing.

We wrapped up all the interviews and went back to the hotel.

@carmeñletissiè (pretend they are both Carmeñ)

Liked by @caitlinfoord and 916,978 others

@carmeñletissiè-

View all 382 comments

——————————————————
Sorry it's shorts and a bit of a filler chapter but next one will be longer. Ty for reading xx