| CHAPTER 48 |

"Why are you looking for publicity Miss Y/N?"

His question left you with nothing in your head.

You've been a lawyer for the past seven years; you secured an internship right out of college, so your sleepless nights paid off.

Over the course of these 7 years, you have resolved more than 250 cases, winning the majority of them as well.

Throughout your career, you witnessed numerous instances of your opponent's attorney stooping low to win the case.

Some people created false evidence, some kidnapped people, others were bribed, and some even killed people in order to win their cases.

But getting accused of gaining publicity.... this was your first experience

No one in your 7-year career ...accused you of doing publicity stunts ...

If you carefully read between the lines ...Namjoon basically called you money-hungry lawyer ...who just took this case, so that Ju-Kyung can bribe you with sizable amount of money.

Anyone will feel offended by his statement ...it's nothing wrong if you do to 

You felt offended ...because you just got accused of something, which you can never think of .... Your profession is your passion ......ever seen a person cheating on their passion? 

your mind was repeating those same words again and again ....in a loop ...

you were trying to understand why would Namjoon say this to you? 

You read his expression, just as he finished speaking .... They were not what you expected ...

He did not have a cocky or smug expression on his face.... He was Anxious

His face was filled with nervousness and anxiousness ...but he hid them before you could read them more ...

Reading his expression, doubt came to your mind 

'Did he really mean those words or not?'

You sighed in frustration and held your head in a tight grip ......your disease of overthinking was acting upon you ...again

The magistrate gave this lawsuit another date ...because he felt, the lawyers were just accusing each other empty handed 

empty handed  

This is what you were in this case, there was nothing significant in your hands that could prove your point ......

A sudden realization dawned on you 

You haven't done anything particularly noteworthy in this case over the course of these months; instead, you have simply been overconfident in your ability to win.