| CHAPTER 59 |

"Y/N, step away from that file already

"Y/N, step away from that file already. You're overthinking it," Jackson, seated across from you, observed your visibly anxious state.

Over six hours had elapsed, and your attention remained steadily fixed on the file in front of you.

 Your eyes were strained, yet you persisted in reading the document meticulously, jotting down notes as you went. Even your once spacious diary was now running out of pages, but your hand continued to move, inscribing information onto its surface.

Your initial hours were devoted to meticulously verifying the authenticity of the documents, conscious of the potential for any unpleasant surprises. The last thing you needed was a malicious prank throwing you off track at this critical point.

The file recounted a series of incidents, each of which you cross-referenced diligently with the records on the RTI Police website. After successfully matching two or three incidents with the website's data, your confidence in the authenticity of the file grew stronger.

"Enough complaining, let's get typing," you whispered to yourself, your gaze unwaveringly fixed on the screen before you.

Jackson's role was to compile the final papers, preparing them for submission in court. As you roughly drafted notes and verified their accuracy against the online records, Jackson meticulously cited them, readying them for formal presentation during the legal proceedings.

"8:02 Pm" Jackson muttered quietly, you knew he was trying to remind you of the time, since it was almost dinner time.

Listening to him, you dropped your pen, you wanted to work but you couldn't keep Jackson whining like this, besides he was weak too, he needed rest.

Jackson smiled widely when he saw you shutting off that file and closing your diary. He also switched off his laptop.

"Let's go!" Jackson stood up with an enthusiastic Jump. 

"Take the car and go home"

"And what about you?" 

"Oppa will pick me up" You smirked suggestively and wiggled your eyebrows

Jackson's whole face morphed in a 'o' shape; he understood you wanted to try apologizing to your brother after an unsuccessful attempt this morning.

"Good luck with his icy ass!" Jackson ran out of your office with his laptop bag carelessly hanging in his arms.

You chuckled to yourself and started maintaining the messed-up desk so that you could call it a day too.

When done with the subtle cleaning, you took out your phone and stared at it in daze.

Motivating yourself with tones of unscary motivation, you finally called your brother.

The first 6 rings went empty, but after about 15 minutes .... he picked up