Partnered

When acting with a partner in a romantic role, having believable chemistry is a delicate and difficult feat. As an actor, at best, you will be auditioned with different actors as the producers and casting directors, strive to find that magic and elusive element. If two actors are deemed to have "It", you will not meet your on-screen romantic partner again, until the first reading of the script. Then violà you are on set and expected to sizzle for the camera. 

"What's your name again?"

Focusing on warming up in a DMD van was embarrassing. Especially if, in addition to the driver, there is another passenger sitting a couple of feet away from you. In a small enclosed, soundproof vehicle. NuNew, was on his way to record his first cover with Mr. Pin. Unfortunately, between school and DMD, NuNew's schedule did not allow for any other time to practice his vocal exercises. After apologizing profusely to the two other men trapped in the car with him, NuNew began ooing, ahhhing, and brrrrrrring.

It was during a water break that Park Parnupat Anomakiti, the other passenger in the van began chatting with NuNew. Park was part of the first generation of DMD actors and was Poppy's older brother. NuNew was not sure, but he thought Park was almost a decade older than him. This meant that NuNew politely listened to the older man speak and spoke to him formally in return. His Mom and Dad would strangle him if he did not show Park the respect due to his age and work seniority.

"So, have you put any thought into who you want to partner with?", asked Park.

He flashed New a knowing smile. There was no G2 member who was not consumed with thoughts of who they might be paired with.

"Yes Sir,", said NuNew.

"Do you have any candidates?", asked Park.

NuNew shyly smiled, a little panicked by this line of questioning. NuNew, knew the answer, but he couldn't just say it.

"Yes. Zee. Too embarrassing. Why is he asking me this? Does he know how I feel about Zee? Only a few people know, and they only know I am his fan. Have I been that obvious? Oh god he is waiting for a response. What do I say. I haven't put any thought into anyone other than Zee."

"You do not have to be so formal with me NuNew. All of Generation 1, we are here to guide you. Please, you will not offend me or embarrass yourself, na.", said Park.

NuNew looked up at Park, sizing him up. He reviewed the little he knew.

"He is Poppy's older brother. Mark speaks well of him. He graduated college. As an accountant, I think. He always seems calm and nice. I think he is in his late 20s. He is tall with a long face, and fair skin. His eyes are a light brown, shaped like half moons. He seems sincere in wanting to help me."

"I have not given a lot of thought to who I would be comfortable partnering with. I mean, I think I should be with someone more senior than me. Someone who knows what there are doing.", NuNew said.

He stopped there not wanting to complain but the truth was he was exhausted. The idea of trying to figure out everything on his own was too much.

"I can't complain. I don't want them to know how exhausted I am. I can't be a burden. But I don't think I can handle much more. I am behind on everything. I really want a senior who can take care of me. Just a little."

Suddenly the overwhelmed boy felt the sting of emotions. Tears were threatening and his hands began tingling. He rubbed his eyes to try and stave off falling apart.

"Why is he asking me this now? I don't know. I don't know who I am going to pick. I don't know how to do any of this. I can't. I can't do this anymore."