Welcome to the Family

Deep into the night, NuNew struggled with his parents as they tried to work out a schedule that would accommodate school and work.

"Do you need to have this many rehearsals?", Mom asked.

"Mom! It's my first time acting, and I have such a big role. I think this is not enough.", NuNew said.

"Your mom is just frustrated with trying to make this schedule work.", Dad said.

All three of them sighed. This schedule was going to kill him. Somehow, he was going to have to go to classes, study, attend group projects, and finals in between workshop classes. Then there were the individual lessons. Acting, singing, drums. He even needed to learn how to ride a motorcycle. On top of everything, Aoft offered NuNew to sing in the OST for Cutie Pie and he wanted to do it.

"I don't see how it is possible.", Mom said.

Dad gave Mom a funny look and she sighed.

"I don't know Bung. What if it happens again.", Mom said.

NuNew looked from one parent to the other trying to decipher the secret code they were speaking in.

"We knew this was coming up. Do you want to add to the stress by making him come home every night? It is already impossible and if we took that out of the schedule, look how much time it frees up.", Dad said.

"Are they saying what I think they are saying? Are they discussing letting me stay at Domundi House?"

"I would feel better if I knew that Zee would be with him, watching over him.", Mom said.

Covertly, NuNew began a text message to Zee.

Today at 11:18 PM

Me

-Guess what? Mom and Dad are talking about letting me stay at DH.

Zee

-Shut up!

Me

-I'm serious. Mom just said she wouldn't feel comfortable unless you were watching over me.

Zee

-...

-...

-

-...

"OMG Zee answer already this is killing me, and I am going to get caught."

Zee

-I would take any request from them very seriously. I don't want to break their trust. What if they forbid us to be together?

Me

-ZEE! They don't know about us so why would they say that?

Me

-Quick, will you agree to protect me from big bad meanies like Saint?

Zee

-I will protect you with every fiber of my being.

Me

-🙄

Me

-I'm going to tell them you would probably agree.

Zee

-Did you just roll your eyes at me, Nong?

Zee

-Nhu

Zee

-Bae?

'''''''

NuNew sat in Aoft's living room/ office /kitchen and listened to his parents as they negotiated the terms of letting him stay under Domundi and Zee's care.