Bootcamp

Family was always the best salve for NuNew. The warmth and familiarity of his home allowed him to relax in a way that was intrinsic. For Nu, home and hearth represented, unconditional love, safety, and security. A haven where he could be accepted and cherished. In the house where he grew up, nothing changed.

He was still the baby, by three minutes. His sisters spoilt him, and his brother made sure NuNew did not think too much of himself. All the while his parents protected and nurtured them, guiding only when they needed it. It was grounding.

Being at home also meant he could not escape the scrutiny of his twin. His other half, that could see through NuNew as easily as if he was a pane of glass. He had not told anyone at home about Park. He did not want to unduly worry them. There was nothing they could do that they were not already doing for him.

Except Nova knew. Not the what, or the how exactly, but he read the evidence of the trauma, that for him alone, was clearly written in NuNew's eyes. Not wanting to face his brother's anger and disappointment, NuNew offered a legitimate explanation and stuck to his story.

"I might get assigned a partner.", NuNew said.

"What does that mean?", asked Nova.

"It means I could costar in a series. With my acting partner."

"Like a fanship?"

"Someone has been doing their homework." "It's way too early for that. Another actor approached me and asked if I wanted to be his costar in a series, he was cast in. I said yes. I audition in a few weeks."

"Why do you have to audition?"

"Just because we want to partner together does not mean I am good for the role."

"Do you want to act with this person?"

"Yes, very much. This is important to me."

"Is this what's been bothering you?"

"Huh?"

"Something has been wrong for months. But you seem better now."

"He is fishing about Park, again." "I have been under a lot of pressure with school and a new career." "It's not a lie..."

"If you're not going to tell me, then just say it's none of my business and stop lying."

"Hey Nova."

"What."

"Wanna come see me audition?"

"I won't be in the way?"

"Nah, I need someone out there rooting for me."

"Okay.", Nova said.

Conversations between the twins were usually like this, short and concise. Neither of them, in general talked a lot. Lengthy dialogue was not necessary between the brothers owing to the fact that they were so close. Still, Nova made NuNew seem like a chatterbox. He was efficient when he communicated and rarely elaborated. That did not mean he was unfeeling. Quite the opposite. The thing to understand about Nova was, there were untold currents under placid waters. This was not over.

"Sawasdee khap. Hello Mommy Nananus! Oi, I see everyone coming on. Sawasdee khap. So many people."

Waiing at his audience, NuNew is perched on the edge of a blue love seat, leaning forward to better read comments. He looked especially put together for this Instagram Live. Radiant and well rested in an oversized white shirt with black stripes and a pair of baggy jeans.

"Ahhh Hello Nunew4ever. Hello. Hello. I am good everybody. I came on to say hello. Where have I been? At home with my family. I am at work now. I have practice. For what? An audition. That is why I came online today. I have a big audition coming up and I need your encouragement."