A Machiavellian Discovery

Aoftion's house was a large and open home, nestled in the middle of a large piece of property. Surrounding the home were banyan trees, local flora, and wide pathways. Amidst the screen of the foliage, you could find little seated areas. Strategically placed to take advantage of the shade from the giant trees. Behind the sprawling house was a pool and a covered patio for al fresco dining. Off to the right and tucked away, was a storage building that saw a lot of traffic because of the well-used basketball hoop affixed to the side of the structure.

The interior of the home was well loved. It consisted of one large room with high ceilings The expansive room housed the kitchen, a long dining table, and living area with couches and chairs of all kinds sprawled throughout to accommodate the large volume of inhabitants. Behind the open room were sleeping quarters, bathrooms, and a flight of stairs. The stairs led upstairs to more bedrooms and bathrooms, and Aoftion's private area of the house.

The large estate was the Bangkok home to a lot of the Domundi actors. Especially those whose families lived too far to commute to Bangkok and could not afford their own homes yet. Which was all the Generation 1 actors, except NuNew whose parents lived in Bangkok.

Most of the workshops and Domundi events were held at Aoftion's home as the property could house everyone and had plenty of indoor and outdoor spaces that could be converted to suit DMD's simple needs. This workshop was no exception.

It was Day One of the workshop, and the actors and staff were hyped. That is except for NuNew who was passed out on a giant couch. Amidst a pile of wiggly Generation 1 boys. Yesterday was Nu's last exam for the year and today he was paying the price for celebrating with Julian and his classmates. It was probably a blessing in disguise that he was this exhausted. Otherwise, he would still be hyper focused on Zee. Who at present was sitting across the room having a great time acting like nothing was amiss.

NuNew did not know what happened, but Zee's demeanor toward him had changed. He had gone from a junior with special status to one of the G1 boys. Zee had not gone as far as to ghost him, but it sure felt that way to NuNew's wounded heart. The worst part was that New had not had any time to address the problem with Zee because of school and proximity. His last month and a half consumed with preparing for exams and end of school year activities.

The entire situation was making New question that the night of the award ceremony transpired. At least the way he thought it had. Zee dancing with him from behind. His hands wandering under his jacket tracing burning paths on his skin. The sexy older man, calling him Nhu and telling him how good he looked. How Zee Touched NuNew's face and lips when he thought New was asleep.

"That happened, right? Am I a delulu fan?"

Park on the other hand was front and center. He texted daily. Took an interest in Nu's life. Whenever New was around Park fussed over him. He was the first to greet him. There was always a seat saved for Nu next to him that NuNew could not say no to. He made sure NuNew had his favorite snacks, that he was comfortable. He encouraged him and advised him. Between school and Park's overzealous care, NuNew began to feel isolated from everyone else. Even if he was in the same room with them.

Park was so damn nice to NuNew. So considerate, that is wracked Nu with guilt to have any resentment towards him, because no matter how hard he tried, NuNew could not connect with him in return. Of course, New blamed himself.

"I am too hung up on Zee. I am bringing Park down. Maybe I am not cut out for this. I need to try harder, do better, be more."

Another thing was bothering NuNew. Something that was subtle and had happened over time. What started as a no pressure test at the next workshop, had become this run-away car. Everyone knew about it, but in an exaggerated way. As if his partnering with Park was a foregone conclusion. He even noticed that in conversation, if he was mentioned, Parks name would be included.