Zunshine

A new school semester started, and preparations for the Cutie Pie pilot were underway. Gone were the carefree bootcamp days spent by Zee's side. The vacation from life was over, and the stress of an overwhelming schedule and his inadequacies took their usual seats. At the forefront of NuNew's psyche. The pressure eclipsed anything he felt in the last year. He was a real actor now with a lead role in a series. Everyone was depending upon his abilities, and he felt grossly unprepared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NuNew, sat with Julian, in between classes, contemplating his options, while Julian chatted away in the background.

My dad wants me to intern this year. Have you heard of anyone looking for a handsome engineer?", asked Julian.

Julian struck a 'sexy engineer' pose and when NuNew didn't answer him, Julian prodded Nu's arm.

"Hey! Did you hear what I just said?

"Sorry, I'm listening.", New said.

"So, do you know of any?", Julian asked.

"Any what?", asked New.

"Engineering internships."

"Oh... No. Sorry.", NuNew said.

Julian folded his arms and frowned at NuNew.

"I was hoping the break from school would help, but you came back from break worse than when you left.", Julian said.

"It's the new series. We are filming the pilot in a couple of weeks.", Nu said.

"Really? It's so soon. That is so cool! I still can't believe my best friend is starring in a series with Zee Pruk!", Julian said.

A little too loudly in NuNew's opinion.

"Shh. No one knows but you.", NuNew said.

"I know. Sorry. I am excited.", Julian said.

"Me too."

It was exciting. The little jolt NuNew felt at hearing Zee's name, made Nu wish the weekend was here already. He had not seen Zee in weeks and the line messages and calls were not doing it for him. He was completely addicted to his Hia and missed having his warmth in his life.

"I will see him this weekend at the workshop."

Nu clung onto that thought cultivating his little flame of hope, and made it through the rest of the week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first Cutie Pie workshop was here. It was official. He was a paid actor as soon as he walked through the doors of Domundi House. NuNew was a bouncing ball of emotions and could not stay still. He had been like this all day. Even now when he was driving, listening to BTS. He was dancing in his seat, pumping the brakes at a stoplight in time with the beat. All he could think about was getting to Zee and spending the weekend together.

The two love birds had planned to arrive early so they could have some time together before the others showed up later that afternoon.

"I hope we get the same bedroom."

He also hoped that time together meant kissing and maybe other things. Blushing, NuNew screamed the lyrics bouncing in his seat trying to regulate his nerves. His car informed him he had a text message from Zee.

"Would you like me to read the message?", asked the car.

"YES.", NuNew shouted.

"'I'm in our room.' Would you like to answer?", asked the car.