A Thousand Million Times Yes

There are moments in one's life that will be permanently etched, with great detail, into memory. This was one of those moments.

"'My partner has to be you.' Has to be you. You!"

A parade of emotions marched into NuNew's heart as he processed that sentence.

"'My partner has to be you.'"

Surely, NuNew was not this lucky. He needed confirmation of what he thought he heard.

"Excuse me?"

Zee's mouth pinched into a diamond as he tried to hide a smile. He took NuNew's hand in his.

"It would be my honor, if you would be my onscreen romantic partner."

Instead of laughing at Zee's charming proposal, NuNew began to shake.

"It does not get any clearer than that."

Hia's words worked like a key to unlock the citadel that housed Nu's nightmares. The mechanism that liberated the fear, and repression that had been his daily regimen. Once New let go of that anxiety, the relief that flooded his senses was cathartic. It felt like a climax releasing wave after wave of joy. Pure unadulterated happiness. With Hia at his side, he would be okay. It was more than he deserved. It was a dream come true. Tears slid down his face. Tears of elation.

Zee immediately began wiping away those tears with his thumbs. His brows pinching together, pretty mouth frowning.

"Oi, Nhu, why are you crying?"

Sobbing now, Nu clutched onto to Zee's shirt. He tried to answer, but his words were unintelligible. He wanted to tell his Hia, yes. One hundred percent yes. That he was overjoyed to be with his Hia. His Hia, who he trusted implicitly.

Suddenly, Zee pulled back and stood. He began apologizing.

"Oh NuNew, I am so sorry. I read this all wrong I thought-"

Standing with Zee, hand still grasping his shirt, Nhu moaned.

"Hia, where are you going? Don't leave me."

Zee pulled the weeping boy into his embrace. Kissing his forehead, murmuring nonsense into his fragrant hair, and pressing his cheek against NuNew's tear stained ones.

"Hia is here. I'm here. Stop crying baby. I won't leave you, okay. Please stop crying, Hia can't take it."

Heightened feelings let Zee open his heart to the tender young man in his arms. Revealing a passion, he had been denying. Under these circumstances, with the boy so vulnerable and trusting in his embrace, Zee could not refuse the soft heat of Nu pressing against him and began to feel a peace and tenderness that surprised him. Nu felt it too and tried to meld every inch of his body into the strong man who felt like his fortress. Zee, with perfect understanding, reciprocated, folding himself around the boy, tightening his embrace.

Chest to chest, and cheek to cheek, Nhu could feel Zee nuzzling into him. His breath stirring his hair and tickling his ear creating a new urgency that turned his tears into sighs. He lifted his face up to his Hia, in perfect acceptance of this heat between them. Zee nuzzled into his cheek letting his lips touch the sweet, flushed cheek of the beauty in his arms. Each time bringing his lips closer to NuNew's lush mouth. Nhu thought he was going to succumb when he felt his Hia's mouth touch the corner of his. They were so close to crossing a line.

When suddenly, New hiccupped. He took a breath and hiccupped again. He tried another breath and that too was interrupted by a hiccup. NuNew stomped his feet and mewled and for a second or two they both thought that was the end of it. Then the adorable boy started a steady stream of hiccups.