An Occasion to Celebrate

Dressed to impress, Generation 1 and 2 sat in the audience. A row of masculine beauty on display. Why R You was nominated for best series and Zee was nominated for hottest star. This was NuNew's first award ceremony, and he was wiggling in his seat. Ravishing in his new look. The smitten young man was so proud of his crush. Being in the audience, and seeing Zee, gracious and resplendent receiving awards, made NuNew swell with pride.

NuNew snuck a glance at Park who was sitting next to him, and mentally smoothed away a pang of anxiety. The only downer of the evening was that Aoftion approved pursuing a pairing with Park and he wanted it to start tonight.

"Park must have spoken to Aoftion about it immediately after we talked. Suddenly, every media picture, every line up, I am standing with Park. Like he is my date. He even put his arm around me and squeezed my waist. I feel guilty that I am so uncomfortable, but I feel so awkward and self-conscious."

"James, Net and Nat all have questions in their eyes. I have not had a chance to explain anything to them. How could I? It was only a few hours ago that Park brought this up. I thought I had until the workshop, at least. Hopefully this ends when the event ends so I can sit with them on the bus to explain."

On the way back to the bus, Park was chatting with Mark so NuNew took advantage of the jubilation, grabbed his friends, and ran ahead of the group, giggling, making sure they grabbed four seats together so they could all talk. Faces flushed and panting, his three friends stared at him expectantly. Before NuNew could begin, Aoftion got on the bus and announced he had booked the VIP section at Generation 1's favorite club, and everyone was invited. The entire bus roared.

Zee followed Aoftion onto the bus and everyone began cheering again. As Zee made his way down the aisle, receiving congratulations and words, NuNew gave his friends a hold on signal. He wanted to make sure to congratulate Zee.

"Priorities, okay!"

When Zee made it to where the four boys were sitting, they all congratulated him. Zee made sure to give NuNew a long questioning look. NuNew smiled brightly to show Zee he was okay. Satisfied Zee continued past them.

"Zee must have noticed the Park thing."

"What is that about?" hissed James.

Hanging over his chair, he stared down at NuNew. NuNew shrugged, Zee was not what he wanted to talk about with them. Apparently, that was what they wanted to talk about.

"Why was Zee hugging you? Why were you crying?", Nat asked.

NuNew did not know how to answer that either. He made a face and fought back a fresh wave of emotions.

"I don't know why I started crying. I am. I." "How can I tell them I am overwhelmed with school and work. I feel like I am drowning. I am falling for Zee for real and I am devastated I cannot partner with him. Somehow saying yes to Park, feels weird like I am settling. I even feel guilty towards Zee. It's all nuts. I am nuts."

NuNew said none of that and instead asked them a question.

"Have you decided who you want to be your romantic acting partner?"

Net and James looked at each other and smiled.

"We are approved as partners, and Aoftion may already have a series for us.", James said.

His beautiful face was smug as Nat and NuNew started talking at the same time. The two paired boys smiled.

"Okay Okay, settle down. This just happened and we have not had a chance to tell you. We were planning on talking with you tonight but then NuNew and Zee and...", Net said.