Love Sickness

Domundi House had an unofficial spot for filming social media content. It was in an awkward out-of-the-way corner of the house. Usually, this spot was used as a waiting area when Aoft had appointments. Everyone affectionately referred to it as the waiting room. But it was nothing more than an alcove in a hallway.

'Have them sit in the waiting room I will be right down.' Aoft often said.

No particular thought was put into designating a special location for video content. It just so happened that everyone, on their own or secondhand, discovered that the wall behind the white loveseat, looked the nicest on camera.

Who was the first to discover the videographer's gem of a loveseat and its soft white background? No one knew though many had tried to claim that glory. The nook in the hall had ideal lighting and made for a comfortable setting. It was undeniably the perfect spot for two people, say acting partners, or a real couple, (wink wink) to sit close together, look cozy, and film.

Today NuNew sat alone on the pretty white loveseat, and he looked anything but cozy. He tried to ignore how empty it felt to sit here without Hia. He was already missing his Hia like crazy. Sitting here without him was making it worse.

It had been six months since the mixer at GMMTV, which ended with Saint in handcuffs, and NuNew in the hospital. Saint's trial had come and gone; he was sentenced to three years in jail. On the day of his sentencing, when the police came to take him to jail, Saint seemed confused. He could not possibly imagine a world in which he would ever be held accountable for his actions. And three years in jail? Preposterous.

NuNew with his soft heart, almost felt bad for him.

As for Sprite, Sarah had a trusted colleague who represented the girl pro bono. In the end, the courts decided Sprite could be rehabilitated. She would spend the next three years providing merit, living in a group home for battered women, and receiving therapy.

Sarah's intervention ensured that Sprite had a chance at a future. What she did with it depended on her efforts.

GMMTV withdrew its claim on the book and the series. They offered no comments or apologies and simply disassociated from the entire scandal through silence. DMD could have made a big deal out of the entire affair, but unlike GMMTV, DMD had scruples. They had bigger and better things to do than to kick someone when they were down.

Concerning Cutie Pie's financing; whatever Saint had done to cut off DMD's cash flow was permanent. No investor would return Aoft's calls. If DMD did not find a solution fast, there would be no Cutie Pie.

That brings us to the present day and NuNew sitting alone on the pretty white loveseat, made for two.

"Hello everybody. Sawasdee khap", NuNew said.

NuNew waiied several times to the screen, giggled, and covered his mouth. Careful not to smear his lipstick, like Hia taught him.

Some of the fans commented that NuNew was even more beautiful than before. As NuNew read this, he began to get flustered, and his face turned red.

"No. No. No. Mamas, you are embarrassing me.", NuNew said.

But the fans were correct. Over the last six months, Nhu had become more radiant. To the point where strangers stared at him wherever he went and asked themselves, 'Is that an idol?' Even NuNew could see it in the mirror when he looked at his reflection.

Part of NuNew being an actor was taking care of his appearance. DMD provided him with a hairstylist, makeup artist, dermatologist, and even a dietician. Together they focused on improving his image. Unused to rules and NASA-worthy skincare protocols, NuNew found it all to be exhausting. But he never complained (out loud) and did everything that was asked of him, and all that effort had paid out. NuNew was breathtaking. Nobody who watched Cutie Pie would be able to take their eyes off him.