A / Reason

There weren't many girls at Jujutsu Tech. It wasn't because there wasn't many female sorcerers; there were plenty, but most sorcerer families were traditional. They wanted their daughters to bare children, even if they had powerful techniques. Obviously the technique wasn't for them to use, but their future sons, who could become heirs.

Shoko was different in that regard. She wasn't from a long line of sorcerers, like you or Satoru, and her parents were really happy to discover that there was a place for children with weird behaviour, like hers. It was easier to say that her parents left her at Jujutsu Tech happily.

You, on the other hand, were the opposite. No one in your family had wanted you to attend Jujutsu Tech. But one person changed that for you.

"Let her go to Jujutsu Tech."

Your fathers eyebrows furrowed quickly, and he scoffed. "Absolutely not- are you absurd?! You're already asking us for payment for the child and now you have the audacity to ask for more?"

"Oh c'mon. She's just a girl. Does she have something special that you can't lose?" Toji asked, leaning forward. You straightened up your back. He had gotten a lot more menacing. "Something that you'd choose over a possible ten shadows curse user?"

Naobito's jaw clenched. He closed his eyes, and took a moment to sigh before he agreed.

Despite the fact that you both had gotten to where you were in different ways, it was easy to relate as the only girls. Shoko was overjoyed when she discovered that the first year batch had a girl, and she immediately started inviting you over to her dorm room.

That's what led to a weekly girls night, where the two of you could openly complain to each other; about the annoying boys in your lives, your families and the simple pains of being a woman (which were exemplified in jujutsu society).

Tonight, the topic was focused on the boys. Specifically, Shoko's boys. Even more specifically, her specific boy.

Getou Suguru.

"I'm just... I don't know- He's been off. Different. He's always zoning out! He's usually attentive and always has something to say. I just think he's still not comfortable being back- not in the way that Satoru seems to be."

"Did you talk to him about it?"

"I tried," she stressed. "But he's just not opening up to me... do you think you could try?"

You wish you'd done a better job at trying.

"You know we all care about you, right? If you ever want to get anything off of your chest, we're here for you."

Getou chuckled, placing a hand on your shoulder. "Hey. I'm fine, Y/N." He made sure to look straight in your eyes, and squeezed your shoulder in reassurance. "Of course I was shaken up at first. That was bound to happen. But I've learned how to live with it... honestly..."

He began to trail off, so you tried to bring him back, in case he was zoning out. "Honestly?"

Suguru looked at you, seeming more hesitant, before looking away. "I've been worried about Satoru."

Your eyebrows furrowed. "Why?"

Suguru let took a deep breath. "He... well, I went back to the House of the Star. Satoru was holding Riko's... um, well the worshippers were applauding. Because... you know. She wasn't alive. And just... he was unrecognizable Y/N. I couldn't believe it. I don't know if it was his cursed energy or the way he looked. He was beat up, he was tired. I just... I didn't know what to focus on if I'm being honest. Satoru looked dead. Riko was dead. I felt terrible. But he blamed himself. And I didn't have it in me to tell him that it wasn't his fault at the time. Even now, I just can't bring it up. It's just... an awful feeling."

He paused for a long time, so you took it as an opportunity to speak. "Hey, I know that there was probably a lot of mixed emotions at the time. But... I think he's getting better, Suguru. We're all helping and"-

"I'm not done yet," Suguru interrupted, shaking his head. "He... he asked me if I wanted to kill them. The worshippers."

"He... Satoru?" You asked softly.

Suguru reached up to take your hand, and squeezed it. "He told me... the him right then wouldn't feel anything. I told him that there was no reason to do that. I thought he was mad. I was mad too. I just thought he was reacting really badly to it. I tried explaining the pointlessness of killing them... because I understood why he felt that way. But then he said..."

'Does there need to be a reason?'