Offers?

Satoru felt like a terrible caregiver. He had two kids he had to look after, but all he could think about was his wonderful girlfriend; the one who was apparently getting marriage offers. Despite being in a happy relationship.

He didn't fault you for it. He knew you didn't want to discuss them with your family. Or at least he hoped that. But he didn't know how to bring it up to you.

Satoru was lost in his thoughts, stirring his four sugars in his tea with a small spoon, staring down at his drink absentmindedly.

"What's wrong with him?" Megumi asked as he sat down at the dining table, grabbing his spoon to eat the cereal Tsumiki had poured him (Well, he assumed it was Tsumiki. It was actually Satoru. He couldn't cook so he thought he should at least do the bare minimum.)

"I think it's about his girlfriend. You know the one that's the sister of that annoying guy."

Megumi nodded, understanding. He looked over at Satoru, who was still stirring his tea. He wanted to slap the man over the head and take him out of this hyperfixation. But Satoru had helped Megumi, and more importantly, Tsumiki. Megumi owed him something.

"You don't have to pick us up today," Megumi told Satoru as he was dropping them off to school. Tsumiki raised a brow at Megumi but kept her mouth shut. Megumi didn't say anything unless it was a smart thing, usually. "We have to stay after school a bit later. Cleaning duty."

"They have that at this age? How terrible," Satoru huffed, before nodding. "Alright, Tsumiki has that phone on her. Just give me a call if you two want me to come pick you up." He ruffled their hair before leaving.

Tsumiki grumbled under her breath about Satoru's hair ruffling habit as she fixed her hair. Quickly after, she looked over at Megumi. "What was that for? What're you planning?"

Megumi sighed. "He's clearly upset about his girlfriend. And I think we owe him something because he's giving us a place to stay. And food, water and clothes. And a ride to school. We should do something for him."

Tsumiki nodded, catching onto his plan. "He likes sweets, right? I saw this store nearby when we were walking with him. He gave you that allowance too, right? It should be enough? How much do sweets cost?"

Apparently, not that much. The owners of the store gaped at the amount of money Megumi and Tsumiki gave them for the sweets. The two were about to leave, looking at their expressions, believing that they didn't have enough to shop at a sweets store like this fancy Tokyo one but they quickly got assistance.

They knocked on the door to Satoru's home- their home, Megumi realized. Satoru opened it in a flash, clearly glad that the two got home quickly. He looked down at the bags in their hands.

"Oh?" He commented, letting them in. "Did you guys get something you liked? Did you have enough money?"

"More than enough!" Tsumiki exclaimed, grinning.

"We really don't need all that," Megumi commented, and at Tsumiki's pointed look he decided to add: "But thank you for it."

"Of course, it's not that much." Tsumiki and Megumi looked at each other, choosing not to comment on it together.

"Well," Tsumiki continued. "This isn't for us. It's for you."

Satoru seemed genuinely taken aback. "Hm? Really?" He grinned. "Is this a thank you present? You know I don't need that right?"

"We know," Megumi answered quickly. "Which is why it's not a thank you present."

Tsumiki handed Satoru the bags, and as he looked through it he complimented the sweets they'd chosen out. "So if not, what is it for?"

"For you to come to your senses and talk to your girlfriend about what's bothering you," Megumi said bluntly.

Satoru paused, looking down at this kid, so much shorter than him and over a decade younger, telling him to stop fucking around with the most serious expression he'd ever seen.

He chuckled. "Yeah, alright. Next time you kids could just tell me, you know? Instead of doing all this."

"We also wanted to thank you," Tsumiki added. "We thought we owed you something because you're giving us a place to stay. And food, water and clothes. And a ride to school." Megumi rolled his eyes, knowing his sister was quoting him to tease him. 

Satoru grinned, squatting to get at eye level with the kids. "You guys just got basic human rights. I should be the one thanking you two for being such great kids." He ruffled their hair again, standing up straight, with a new resolve. "I'm going to talk to my amazing girlfriend."

Tsumiki giggled, too entertained by Satoru to fix her hair again.

Megumi smiled a little too. He made sure to drop it once Satoru looked down at him again.

"You sound like you really like the kids!" You grinned, taking a fry. "When do I get to visit them?"

Satoru looked down at his hands. "Before we talk about that... I wanted to talk about something else."

"Yeah?" You said, excited to hear what he was about to say. You were expecting a question about raising the kids with him. You really took your relationship with him seriously. You were fairly certain he did too, and you were the first person he came to about the whole situation. You knew he trusted you so you'd expected this question for a while now.

"When I was with the kids, Naoya came up to us."

Oh. It was about something else. Something much worse.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Satoru," you said quickly, reaching out to hold his hand.

He pulled it away.

"Toru?"

Satoru felt so, so, so bad, his heart squeezed at how small your voice sounded. He had to get this over with quickly.

"He told me about your marriage proposals."

"Oh, those?" You sighed in relief. Satoru instinctively relaxed as well. You didn't seem like you were hiding anything. "Those are nothing Satoru. My family just mentions that they're looking. I don't plan on letting them push me into even meeting them, I swear." You turned your hand, opening your palm. Satoru brought his hand back up and held your hand, smiling as you interlock your fingers with his. "I love you, Satoru. I'd never choose some life with a random guy. No matter what he could give me. It could never beat this feeling that I have with you."

Satoru raised a brow. "A feeling ?"

"Yeah," you nodded. "Do you know what I'm talking about? It's like this feeling of knowing you're it. You're the one for me. There's no one else I'd rather spend my life and death with."

Between the heavens and the earth, I alone am the honoured one.

He believed it even more now, as his heartbeat sped up, as his plans began to sweat while you held his hand.

"I get it. I get that feeling too," Satoru said, pushing back his glasses. His bright blue eyes, the one that terrified people because of how easy it was to get lost in them; you loved getting lost in them. "And that's why... I want you to raise the kids with me."

Your smile widened. There it is.

"They deserve two good parents right? I want to give them as normal a life as possible, and you know, they've had multiple parents leave them. Megumi lost his mom, and then Tsumiki's mom and their dad left both of them alone. I just think they need multiple people that they feel comfortable going to when they need help. And I want them to be the closest to you. Because you're always here for me. And I know you'll do the same for them."

Satoru was worried to look at your expression as he rambled, so when he finally looked at you, the pit in his stomach magically disappeared.

"You're in, right?" Satoru grinned.

You squeezed his hand. "I'm all in."