@familyintervention

You couldn't believe that you were finding yourself in the Zenin estate so often within the past year. You were hoping at the beginning of the year, to be free from the parties and the visiting but... well, this would most likely be your worst visit yet.

Since Naoya and Naoji had discovered that you were dating Satoru, you hadn't heard from anyone. All that you had gotten was a letter from the estate, inviting you. You recognized Naoharu's handwriting easily and it had just made you all the more worried for this visit.

Satoru had been physically pulling you, trying to keep you away from the door as you got ready to take your leave. Obviously no sliver of his real strength was really used. He insisted on you having no reason to go, and truly, he was right.

But you wanted closure.

You took a deep breath as you entered the estate, preparing yourself for every dirty look, for the berating you were going to get, for anything that might come your way.

"You sure you want to go?"

You huffed, but nodded. Satoru had sent Mei to accompany you (and to try and sway you from going). Her crows could keep a watch on you if she wasn't allowed anywhere, and Satoru was going to be absolutely sure that whatever happened last time, wasn't going to happen again.

"I'm sure. I'll text you once I'm done, so we can run out, yeah?"

Mei nodded, crossing her arms over her chest.

You immediately made eye contact with a maid. Mei eyed you as you seemed to be a little stiff, but the maid came over, seemingly relaxed and overjoyed at seeing you on the estate. "Ma'am, you're here? We weren't expecting you! I would've gotten your room ready!"

"No, that's alright, it's just for a moment... I was sent a letter."

"Oh?" The woman tilted her head. "We would've been informed of that though, ma'am... it wasn't an older letter?"

You chewed at your lip, your eyebrows furrowing. But you smiled at the maid, after thinking over it for a moment, and shook your head. "That might've been my mistake... I'll just go visit my brothers and be off." You leaned closer to her, lowering your voice. "Don't inform anyone else about this visit, alright?" She seemed confused, but all the younger maids in the estate were quite trusting of you, and didn't want to break any bond that had been built over the years of growing up around each other.

She nodded, and grabbed your hand, squeezing it. "Of course not. You should visit more often though, we all miss you."

You nodded, smiling sadly. "I'll try."

You knocked on Naoji's door in the pattern he always demanded from you and your other siblings, so he knew who it was before opening the door. Three rapid knocks repeated twice, with a break in between, ending with two more rapid knocks.

It had become a habit wherever you knocked.

Satoru opened the door, his face already contorted into one of weirded out confusion.

"What the fuck was that?"

He sort of regretted his mean manner of opening the door, when he saw the way a confused expression took over your face as well; except on you, it was way cuter.

"What?"

Suguru pushed Satoru to the side and laughed as he saw your expression. "Your knock is a bit abnormal! Who taught you to knock for that long?"

"Oh..." You shrugged, looking away. "I don't know, I just do it that way."

"Who cares," Satoru shrugged, placing a hand on your back as he led you inside. Suguru closed the door, chuckling.