Love Me!

"Hey Nanamin!" Satoru immediately said, cheerily, as he answered the phone. At the same time, he obliterated a curse, the blood spraying all over the place - except on him, of course.

"I told you not to call me that," Nanami grumbled. "Where are you?"

"Oh ho ho!" Satoru grinned. "Does my favourite kouhai besides Y/N need something from me?"

"You made your favourite kouhai cry, so I wanted to tell you to fix it."

Satoru's heart dropped. "Huh?"

"You heard me," Nanami huffed.

"What happened? Was it because of our fight?"

"I don't know," Nanami stressed. "Yaga sensei told me to leave. She wasn't looking so good the entire time, but then she just broke down... she was fine before, I just assumed it was you because she went out on Friday. And I was right, clearly."

"You don't have to rub it in my face," Satoru grumbled. "I talked to the kids already... Do you know when she'll get home?"

"You're not going to make her feel worse?" Nanami asked.

"You know me," Satoru sighed. "I don't mess up twice."

"I'm home," you called out, voice hoarse from all the crying you had done today. The lights in the home all seemed to be turned off - except for the one peeking out from your shared room with Satoru.

The door quickly swung open, and Satoru came out, rushing towards you. You were stunned by how quickly he had wrapped you in his arms. He nestled his head into the crook of your neck. It took you a moment to realize what he'd done, your arms awkwardly hovering around him as you were unsure of what to do.

"I forgot to say I love you," Satoru rushed, terrified with every moment that you didn't hug him back. He squeezed you, bringing you closer. "That night I was so relieved you'd said it - I completely forgot to say it back. I love you, I love you so much. I love you no matter what stupid fight I might start and make you feel like I don't. I love you."

You chuckled lightly at his rambling, bringing one hand to rub his back as the other reached into his hair, ruffling it. Satoru smiled at the feeling, his body relaxing. But he had more to apologize for. He brought his head up to look at you, bringing his hands up to cup your face.

"I am so sorry," he emphasized, shaking his head. He bit his lip, trying to think of how he could be concise. "You deserve so much more, I should never have assumed and blown up on you. I never want to make you cry." Satoru's eyes were glossy as he put a hand over his chest, clenching onto his shirt. "When Nanamin told me you cried, my heart literally br-broke." He grinned as you giggled at Satoru's antics. They weren't really antics, it was genuinely how Satoru felt, but if taking it as a joke made you feel better, he would take it.

"And the kids," Satoru added, noting how your smile fell immediately, as you looked around. Satoru grabbed your hands, bringing your attention back to him. "I talked it out with the kids. We had a proper grown up conversation - was very hard for me -"

He grinned as you cracked a smile.

"And they felt really sorry. I apologized to them too and reminded them that none of this was their fault. You know, sometimes I forgot that their lives have made them easier people to break - they're usually so hard headed, you know? But they're just like any kid... if not more sensitive because their parents were such assholes to them, and - I should quit rambling."

"No, it's okay," you said, shaking your head, as you brought up a hand to brush his cheek.

Your touch felt so good, so comforting. It was only for a day or two, but being without it for that long had made him cold and on edge. Just a small brush with your thumb made him feel like he'd ascended.