@stupidelders

The announcement of the marriage of Gojou Satoru and Zenin Y/N spread quickly.

The minute the Zenin family found out, it spread like wildfire throughout jujutsu society.

And of course, the usual meddlers wanted to have a say in it.

The minute Yaga came knocking on the door, Satoru began to groan because he knew exactly what his former teacher was here for. Megumi rolled his eyes and went to open the door, curtly greeting Yaga.

"I don't need to take much of your time here." Yaga glared over at Satoru, who was sprawled out across the couch, still groaning. "You know what I'm going to say right?" Satoru didn't reply, continuing his groaning. "If you don't shut up right now"-

"Yeah, okay," Satoru grumbled. "The elders called us in, right?"

Yaga pressed his lips together. "Unfortunately, it's worse."

Tsumiki, from the dining table, gasped. "It can get worse?" From her knowledge, the worst part of Satoru's routine was always when he had to go discuss anything with the elders. She couldn't imagine what could be worse.

"The big 3 clans have decided to hold a meeting."

Satoru shot up from his slouched position on the couch. He looked at Yaga with wide eyes. "No way. Over this?!"

Yaga rolled his eyes. "What do you mean 'over this?' Need I remind you that the elders want to keep you in check?"

"Well, duh, but I thought they'd want me to get married - you know, 'cause, tradition or whatever," Satoru shrugged, getting up and walking over to Yaga. He waved Megumi away, muttering something quick about helping Tsumiki with her homework. "Is it because I'm young, or something? Do I need to be old and marry some girl 20 years younger than me for them to be satisfied?"

"Well, I'm sure that's a small part of why they disapprove," Yaga nodded. "But the Zenin and Gojo clans have never gotten along and this union makes them closer than they want to be. It'll be a bit easier to get your clan to agree, considering you're all they have, but with the Zenin clan, it will surely be more difficult."

Satoru scoffed. "The old drunk agreed, then, is that not enough?"

Yaga shrugged. "I don't know who pushed so hard for this meeting to take place. I'm sure it wasn't Naobito Zenin or anyone from the Kamo clan... but seeing as it's a meeting that rarely takes place, as the head of the Gojo clan, you have to attend. Unless you don't want to marry her."

Satoru sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "Of course I want to marry her. What type of assumption is that?"

"Well, that's exactly why you have to go," Yaga said. He turned to Megumi and Tsumiki. "Kids, I brought ice cream, do you two want some?"

Tsumiki squealed, nodding as she came over to take the bag. "Make sure that Satoru doesn't steal it all from you."

You realized why Satoru always hated these meetings.

It felt worse than the usual Zenin meetings. There was something about the pressure from other clans that made it more nerve wracking.

Well, Satoru probably didn't hate these meetings for that reason.

He just found all the clans and all the hierarchy and all the hypocrisy, very annoying.

"You brought her?" An elder from the Kamou clan asked, as if you were some pet who lacked basic language knowledge.

Satoru nodded, shrugging. "What, got an issue with it?"

The elder didn't answer and simply looked away.

A new reason as to why Satoru hated these meetings was because of how uncomfortable it made you. You sat rigidly, your eyes flitting from one person to the next, making sure that you made a good one second impression with everyone - not that it even mattered, because most people in this room had a dead set impression of you. Gojo whore.

As the meeting began, the stark differences between Satoru and yours body language was almost laughable.

Satoru laid back, looking down at people past his chin, almost snoring off at times.

You sat straight, head tilted down, your eyes glued to your hands that sat folded in your lap.

"Does any clan object to the union of Gojo Satoru and Zenin Y/N?"

"Of course we do!" Naoya insisted, about to spew out more nonsense, when Naobito glared back at him. He muttered something to Naoya, who quickly froze and shut up, but glared at his father for the remaining time.

"The Zenin clan approves," Naobito clarified.

The elder leading the meeting nodded. "The Kamo clan?"

"We lack the personal connection to this union," the Kamo head spoke up. "But as long as this union does not affect our place, we have no issue with it."

"And the Gojo clan?"

"What do you think?" Satoru asked.

You bumped his shoulder.

He cleared his throat.

"Of course I approve." Satoru clapped his hands together. "So that's it, yeah?"

The head elder glared at Satoru while shaking his head. "Absolutely not. We will hear out individual grievances, in order to confirm the decision. If there is any issue that stands out to the elders, we will have no choice but to not approve."

Satoru rolled his eyes and scratched the back of his neck. "As if that works."

"Satoru," you whispered harshly.

He shrugged, pouting. "You know it's true," he whispered back.

Any person who stood up to speak was quick to back down when they felt Satoru's glare.

All in all, the meeting went by fairly quickly because of Satoru's behaviour. So maybe acting out was the answer to uncomfortable situations.

Satoru rested his head ontop of yours, smirking as the head elder announced the consensus.

"Gojo Satoru and Zenin Y/N have the elders' seal of approval for their marriage."

You squeezed Satoru's hand. "That's good," you whispered.

Satoru rolled his eyes, brushing his pinky over your ring finger.

"As if they could have stopped me."

(MWAH TY FOR 30K IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS ON THE SHORTER SIDE)