Superpowers?

Satoru, for the first time in a while, was struggling. Usually things came easy for Satoru. Toji had to wear him down to beat him, and even then he wasn't properly beaten. Suguru affected Satoru because of their connection. So for his other so-called struggles, he had excuses.

But with kids, apparently, all his skills were lacking.

The Tsumiki girl was definitely kind. She was laughing at his half assed jokes, and reassuring him about what he was doing. Satoru told the kids they could get whatever they wanted, and Tsumiki chose the cheap options for her brother.

"What do you want?"

"Me? I can... are you sure?"

"You can get anything you want."

"I'll take what Megumi's getting as well."

Megumi hadn't spoken at all, instead opting for glaring at Satoru, looking down at his food, or frequently glancing at his sister as she ate her food.

The two clearly cared for each other. They had each other's backs, in a way that Satoru did with his close friends. It was a bit odd seeing this sort of bond between two kids, especially when he lacked it until he went to high school. But they needed to develop it, being on their own.

They were tough kids, not by choice. So Satoru didn't blame them for being the way they were. He just needed to make them feel comfortable. And that was hard to do, because he'd never done this before.

Tsumiki was speaking to him though, about their schools, and their regular routines. Satoru nodded, answering questions, trying to ask them what they'd like to do.

"Do you have a girlfriend, Satoru-senpai?"

Satoru opened his mouth to answer, smiling as he was about to gush about you, but he was interrupted by his least favourite person ever. The one who was unfortunately related to his most favourite person.

"Now what do we have here?"

Satoru scowled at the sound of his voice, and immediately Tsumiki and Megumi glared at the man as well. It made Satoru grin a little, seeing how defensive the kids had gotten with someone he clearly disliked. Maybe that was a sign that the kids trusted him already.

"Gojou Satoru and," Naoya looked over at the kids, grinning. "Children." He grabbed a chair and sat next to Megumi who was fully scowling now. Tsumiki pulled his chair closer to her side, amusing Naoya. "What is this? Did some whore leave the kids with you?"

Yeah. Satoru wanted to say. Your cousin.

"I'm taking them in," Satoru answered briefly.

Naoya furrowed his brows. "To do what? Teach them? The girl is a regular civilian. The boy..." Naoya narrowed his eyes at Megumi. He had his suspicions now, clearly.

"I'm sure you know of your infamous cousin with no cursed energy," Satoru interrupted Naoya's thoughts. "And about what happened. These two are the kids of his first and second wives. I'm taking them in."

"They're his kids?" Naoya asked, his eyes widening. "Zenins?"

"They're his wives kids," Satoru shut him down. "Fushiguros."

Naoya sighed, clearly a bit disappointed, but he kept his stare on Megumi. "This one seems to have cursed energy though."

"He does," Satoru agreed. "I heard you had your birthday recently. How was that first drink?"

Naoya grinned. "I did! Honestly, I passed out so I don't remember that night all that well! And you know, for it being my party, everyone was getting busy talking about Y/N."

"Y/N?" Satoru repeated.

"Yeah, you might know her. She's a bit too weak to be on your radar though."

"Yes, you're older sister. She has a great innate technique, and she's quite strong. I'm- well, we're friends, at least."

Megumi squinted at Satoru, trying to decipher his words. The glasses threw him off at trying to read the man.

"Why're you wasting your time with her? She's going to get married off to someone soon. About time, they should've been planning the minute she turned sixteen but she ran off to your little school. Why she'd sabotage herself that way, I do not know."

Tsumiki and Megumi glanced at each other as they saw Satoru clench his fist, with his jaw clenched as well. Tsumiki turned back. "Megumi and I have to go to the bathroom!"

Satoru's head whipped to the kids. Tsumiki grinned at him, while Megumi's face still seemed indifferent, but they both were clearly faking this for him. "Alright then," Satoru grinned. He stood up quickly, slapping Naoya's back harder then he should have, before taking the kids away, heading towards the public bathrooms.

"You know we don't actually need to go to the restrooms," Megumi pointed out. "And the exit is the other way."

Satoru grinned. "I know. But I want to show you two something quickly." Satoru squatted down. "Megumi get on my back."

Megumi scowled. "No."

Rolling his eyes, Satoru went ahead and picked up Tsumiki, who squealed as he did so. He was fairly tall so she was pretty high up off the ground, and being a little scared, she gripped onto him tighter. Satoru tightened his hold on her to reassure her. "Hold onto my leg then, 'Gumi."

Ignoring the nickname, Megumi wrapped one of his arms around Satoru's legs, confused as to what Satoru was about to do.

However the minute he warped, Megumi quickly gripped Satoru's legs with both of his arms as his heart beat quickly, feeling it drop to his stomach.

As quickly as it happened, Megumi realized they were in a completely different place. Megumi let go. "What was that?!"

"Teleporting," Satoru answered, a confident lilt to his tone. But when did he not sound cocky?

"You can do that?!" Tsumiki exclaimed, clearly giddy from the experience. They were two elementary schoolers who had just teleported after all! Without explaining all the math and the technicalities of the skill, it was really cool. Satoru just made himself out to be a superhero, and even though he'd had no plan to do so before, he was glad they had to do this.

"You're so cool!" Tsumiki fawned. "You can teleport anywhere?!"

Satoru nodded, smiling widely.

"Oh my god, Megumi, we should make a list of everywhere we want to go! Where do you want to go?!"

"The library."

"I said anywhere!"

"And I said the library."

"Well!" Satoru clapped his hands together. "You can make the list at the library right, Tsu?"

Tsumiki hesitated. "Um, yeah." Satoru was confused at the hesitation, so Megumi filled him in.

"She prefers Miki."

"Oh alright!" Satoru said, quickly. "You can tell me that stuff, okay, Miki?" 

"Yeah, I know," she nodded, before grabbing Satoru's leg and making a superman pose. "Now let's go!"