Bubble Bath!

"Welcome home!" Satoru called out as the door opened, and the kids came inside. At the sound of no greeting, and just hushed voices, Satoru tensed up.

Was it the kids?

As he walked over to the door, he saw Megumi and Tsumiki whispering to each other. They seemed to be fighting quietly.

Curious, Satoru quietly went over, using his infinity to avoid alerting the kids with a creaky floorboard.

But the puppies started barking.

Tsumiki's head whipped in Satoru's direction. He grinned cheerily and walked over to the kids. "You two got me worried there for a second, a greeting would be very welcome you know?"

"Where's Y/N?" Megumi asked, narrowing his eyes on Satoru.

Before he could answer, Tsumiki shoved Megumi. "Shut up!"

Satoru's eyebrows furrowed and he squatted as he got to level with the kids. "Is something wrong?" Tsumiki looked down at the ground as Megumi looked away from Satoru, grumbling. "Tsumiki?"

Tsumiki shook her head, unmoving.

Megumi sighed, about to open his mouth when Tsumiki threw her backpack at him, tackling him to the ground.

"Hey!" Satoru yelled as the dogs started barking, adding to the noise.

You came running to them, clad in a towel and slippers. Clutching onto your towel, you frowned at Satoru, gesturing to the kids. "Get them up!"

Once Satoru lifted them both up, sitting on the ground and keeping them apart with his hands, as well as keeping them in place by holding onto the collars of their clothes, he let you handle the parenting part.

"What are you guys fighting about, huh?" You looked over at Tsumiki, glaring. "Tsumiki, look at me when I yell at you!"

She shook her head furiously. Megumi came out with it.

"Someone hit Tsumiki at school!"

Satoru's grip on Tsumiki eased. Both yours and Satoru's expressions softened, and you bent down to Tsumiki's level as well.

"Miki, honey, are you okay?"

Tsumiki suddenly burst into tears. Your eyes widened but Satoru quickly sprung into action, pulling Tsumiki into his chest. He gave Megumi a questioning look, but the boy shrugged.

You sighed, taking Megumi by the hand and dragging him into yours and Satoru's shared room. "Explain," you said, walking into the closet and closing the door so you could quickly change and face this situation, fully clothed.

"I don't know," Megumi said, walking up to the door. "I noticed it on our way home."

"Noticed what?"

"She has a bruise on her face."

As if on cue, Satoru called out your name, calling you over. You quickly put on a random shirt and hurried out of the closet, pulling Megumi along with you.

"Is the bruise bad?" You asked hurriedly. "Should I call over Shoko?"

Satoru shook his head, "I called Shoko anyways, which is useful cause Tsumiki doesn't have to live with the bruise anyways "

"It's only for a few weeks," she muttered.

Satoru shook his head, cupping her face lightly. "That doesn't matter," Satoru said firmly. "What does matter is that you were hurt, by someone. You gonna tell us anything about it, or what?"

Tsumiki shook her head. "I don't wanna."

"You don't wanna," Satoru repeated, sighing as he looked up at you. "What do you wanna do?"

You bent down with him, bringing Megumi into your little huddle. "Satoru and I are here for you when it comes to anything. School bullies are something that's easy for us to handle"-

"It wasn't bullies," Tsumiki interrupted quickly.

You raised an eyebrow at her. "Then who was it, honey?"

"It was..." she hesitated before looking up, at the expressions on everyone's faces. Satoru had his glasses off, and he'd moved his hands from cupping her face to holding her hands. You were crouched next to Satoru, clearly hanging onto every word that Tsumiki said. Even Megumi looked worried.

Taking a deep breath, she finished. "My friend."

Satoru's eyebrows furrowed, "Your... friend?"

"Explain," you added, softly.

"She... I've known her since last year, when, before you came and we started living together. She said that I didn't deserve this... this new life. That I should've stayed down with her, with bad parents and terrible lives." Tsumiki sighed. "I thought... maybe I did deserve it."

"No, no, no!" Satoru immediately insisted. "You deserve what you have! And every child has the right to have a happy life, adults are the ones unfairly taking it away. She should be hurting her own parents!"

"What Satoru is trying to say is that just because she's stuck with what you used to have and that you've moved forward? Doesn't mean that you should pay for it," you said, brushing her hair with your fingers. "Your mother and father didn't deserve you." You used your other hand to pat Megumi's head. "Either of you. And your friends' parents didn't deserve her. But that doesn't mean she can take out her frustrations on you like this."

Satoru nodded. "I'll fix things with your friend okay? And I'll make sure she can be okay. Not just money but people to care for her."

Tsumiki was hesitant but nodded, agreeing,

"I'll run you a warm bubble bath," you said, standing up, and kissing her forehead before turning to Megumi. "Wanna join her?"

Megumi rolled his eyes, "I can bathe by myself."

"Oh come on, shared baths are fun!" You insisted, poking at him to tease him further.

Tsumiki agreed with you, looking at Megumi with a sparkle in her eyes. "Please Gumi, it would be fun!"

Megumi grumbled, agreeing. Damn that sparkle.

As you leaned against the door frame, watching over the two fondly as they played around in the bathtub, Satoru came in behind you, whispering.

"So did you do this stuff with your brothers?" You tilted your head at him. "Like bathe together?"

You nodded. "With the ones near my age. The maids tended to have us all shower together cause it was easier."

Satoru frowned. "So you showered with Naoya?"

"And our two other brothers as children," you emphasized.

Satoru shook his head, frowning deeper. "I think the only way of making it up to me will be showering with me later."

You elbowed him in the side, grinning up at him. "I hate you."

Satoru pecked your lips, before you could even notice, "I love you too."

"If you're gonna do that stuff, do it in your room," Megumi called out.

As Satoru yelled back at Megumi, you laughed.

Chaos must always ensue in the Gojou-Zenin-Fushiguro household. If the neighbours weren't complaining then something must be wrong.