Let's Spar!

"So this is Jujutsu Tech?" Megumi asked, looking around. "It looks so... eh."

You sighed, expecting this reaction from him. "You'll grow fond of it eventually. It's kinda the only consistent thing about working in jujutsu."

You walked him through the hallways, Satoru walking ahead as he looked around the school. It was fairly empty right now, no one in sight.

Tsumiki had a school trip today, which meant you had to pick her up a bit later. Satoru used this as an opportunity to let Megumi skip a day of school and be slowly integrated into jujutsu society.

Being the son of the infamous Toji Zenin, coupled with the fact that he had the Ten Shadows Technique, meant that Megumi was likely to experience the world unwillingly. Satoru was very familiar with the tricks and schemes people pulled around strong child sorcerers.

He could - and did - scare them away with one look. Megumi couldn't do that, and since his puppies were still young and would grow with his cursed energy, he didn't have enough knowledge or strength to protect himself yet.

"What's this place?" Megumi asked as you led him into a room.

"This is an indoor training room," Satoru explained. "We use it in the winter or to practice fighting in closed spaces."

"Satoru and I thought that you would be interested in us showing you our techniques," you said, letting him sit near a pillar. "We're not well matched in an actual fight"-

"Guess who'd win that?" Satoru grinned at Megumi.

Megumi rolled his eyes before looking back at you, "So," you continued. "We're gonna go for a friendly spar. We'll pause to explain certain aspects too, okay?"

Megumi nodded, watching curiously as you got up, cracking your knuckles as you walked to one side of the room. Satoru practically dragged his feet, lazily walking to the opposite side.

When he turned to face you, he tilted his head at you with a cocky grin. "Don't expect me to go easy on you."

"Yeah, yeah," you grumbled, waving him off, bending a finger down. Megumi gasped as a clone of you appeared. You walked over to sit by Megumi, who narrowed his eyes on your empty eyes.

"You're handicapping yourself like that?" Satoru asked.

You shrugged. "He needs someone to provide commentary, right? I'll switch out whenever he needs it."

"What is this?" Megumi asked, looking over at the real you.

"My innate technique is a cloning technique. I use my cursed energy to conjure up clones of myself. I'm in partial control of all of them but I can be in full control. When I want to summon a clone..." You lifted up your hands to demonstrate. "I bend down a finger for a second before letting it go." Another clone appeared, this time shocking Megumi less. "If I want to be in full control of a certain clone, I just have to bend the finger of which clone I want to take over."

You bent a finger, keeping it down, and Megumi was again freaked out as the clone next to him suddenly seemed filled with life, smiling brightly next to him. "I can fight and talk with my full force, plus if I get knocked out in this form, I can always switch to my main body."

Your main body, which seemed drowsy and unfocused, slowly brought up the finger that you'd bent. The clone next to him went lifeless again, and your main body was occupied with yourself.

"I don't think I like your technique," Megumi muttered.

"Me neither, buddy," Satoru agreed, looking over at you. "It's freaky."

You shrugged, smiling lightly. "Maybe I can freak you into losing then."

Satoru chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Alright Gumi. Give us a signal, why don't you?"

"You don't get signals in real life, do you?"

"Fair point," Satoru huffed.

He then quickly moved out of the way as your clone came up behind him trying to land a punch. "That all you got?" He grinned, bringing his hand up to grab onto your arm.

You summoned two other clones, sending punches, slaps and kicks in his direction. Satoru chose to dodge for now, letting you show Megumi your abilities in your own way. Typically, you utilized cursed tools on missions, but today you decided to be hands on.

Megumi jumped in surprise as your clone spoke up. "Physically attacking a person is all good and all but with curses, you need to use your cursed energy."

Megumi nodded, looking over at the fight. You were standing where you started, not joining in on your clones attacks on Satoru.

You grinned over at Megumi, as you bent down all your fingers for a second before bringing it back up.

Satoru yelled as all your clones jumped on him, attacking him in any way that they could. "What the hell?!" Satoru yelled. Megumi could barely see him through all the clones that were cornering him. "Since when could you summon all these clones?!"

Megumi looked over at you - to only not see you.

He turned his head back to where Satoru was dodging continuous hits from 10 clones, when the clones suddenly disappeared and you brought up a hand to his neck, panting heavily.

Megumi looked at the scene wide eyed, and got up as you collapsed to the ground. Satoru helped you get up, bringing your arm around his shoulders to help you up.

"What's wrong with you?" Satoru huffed, shaking his head. "Why use all your clones if you know you can't handle it? Since when could you summon them all?"

"Since a week ago," you grinned, weak. "It takes a lot out of me but it's useful, especially against strong opponents. I thought I could hold out longer with them but they disappeared earlier than I thought they would."

"Don't be so reckless," Satoru chastised, as Megumi came over. "What have you learned Gumi?"

"Don't be so reckless," Megumi repeated, looking up at you. "But be reckless when you're up against stronger opponents."

"Well the second one isn't surefire," Satoru said, "Y/N still couldn't beat me."

"Shut up," you grumbled. "You're the strongest."

Satoru grinned cockily, "That I am."

Megumi's eyebrows furrowed. "I thought Y/N won?"

You sighed shaking your head. "Satoru's technique makes it so that he's untouchable."

Satoru held up his hand, and sighing you pressed your hand against his. This was his favourite way of explaining. "There's a barrier between us, you see?" You tried pressing your hand further but it wouldn't budge, "Y/N can't touch me. But..." He moved his hands to intertwine with yours. "I can touch her."

Megumi was very intrigued, to say the least. You and Satoru often warned him of jujutsu society; of what he was getting himself into. However, with sparring like this, with the interesting techniques you'd both presented and with this school in general, it peaked his interest even though he knew he shouldn't be hopeful about this career.

Megumi had to become a sorcerer, he had no choice.

But with every passing day, he didn't seem to mind it as much.

After all, you and Satoru were happy.

Right?