@haibarayu

"Hey, Y/N, sweeeetie?" Satoru said carefully, in a gentle voice as he sat across from you on the dining table. You glared up at him from your paperwork.

"Yes?" You replied, harshly.

Satoru flinched, before reaching out for your hands, stopping your pen from writing the papers you had to work on. "Can we talk?"

"I can't imagine anything we'd have to talk about."

"Well, I can," Satoru stressed. "And I think we should. Talk about it, I mean."

Satoru couldn't believe that you were ever meek around your family, especially because you were making the strongest sorcerer shiver in his boots just because you didn't want to have a (really important) conversation.

"Who told you?"

Satoru shrugged. "Someone."

"It wouldn't have been him, so I guess it was Shoko."

He sighed. "You can't ignore him forever."

"Well, maybe not until March, but after that, he's gone, so I can."

Satoru frowned. He didn't know how to deal with this. A childish Tsumiki was something he was used to, something he was more than qualified to handle. A childish Megumi used to come as a surprise but he'd realized over time that he acted childish quite often.

A childish you, however, was new. Something he'd never expected that he'd have to deal with.

He assumed it was a mechanism to avoid the hurt you were feeling.

"Nanami is your best friend"-

"Yeah, and my best friend just told me that he's leaving me forever, of all people you and Shoko know how that feels!"

Satoru paused. You regretted the words as soon as they left your mouth.

You hated fighting with Nanami. Honestly, the last time the two of you had an argument was years ago, when Suguru had left, and that had been cut off pretty quickly by Satoru. No fight had ever gone this long.

But you also didn't like fighting with Satoru. You would rather not be having arguments with both of them at the same time.

"I'm sorry," you muttered, shaking your head. "I'm just mad at Kento, and I'm out of my head right now..." You pushed your chair back. "I think I'm going to go sleep, clear my mind so I don't say anything else that's stupid."

"No," Satoru shook his head, looking up at you. "I do know how it feels." He gulped. "But Suguru never told me. And Suguru killed people. We're not going to compare Nanami and Suguru because my best friend... is way, way worse."

"Yeah," you agreed. "But that doesn't mean I can't be mad."

"I agree," Satoru nodded. "I would be mad if it was me and Suguru... honestly, I feel like Nanami doesn't have the heart to leave." You hummed, confused. "I understand why he'd want to get away from this all. But, you're right, this all includes the kids and Shoko and me and you... plus we are sorcerers to help people. I think that when Nanami realizes that... he'll come back. But for now this is what he needs."

"It's best to let him go then?"

Satoru pressed his lips together and nodded. You sighed and sat back down.

"I'm being overdramatic, aren't I?"

"Maybe, a little," Satoru grinned.

You frowned. "But I don't think I am..."