Beach?

Satoru didn't really like this place all that much; the smell of the salty ocean, the summer breeze, the sun's heat making everything burn your fingers and feet off (not his though, because of his infinity), and swimming in the ocean were usually things he enjoyed.

But he hadn't been to the beach, for anything other than a curse to get rid of, in two years. Not since the last time in Okinawa.

"Are you alright?" You sat next to him on the blanket you'd laid out. His glasses were on, so you couldn't see his exact expression, but when the kids weren't distracting him, he had a more neutral expression on his face.

"Yeah," he reassured, placing a hand on your thigh. "I'm relieved, really. Glad it's all over with."

You nodded, humming in agreement as you looked over at Tsumiki and Megumi, who had started arguing over what type of sandcastle they were going to build.

Tsumiki had been adamant about going to the beach when Satoru announced that they were going to go on a trip because the adoption process was complete and the Zenins couldn't take either of the children unless they voluntarily went with them.

You were cautious about it, trying to push her into going somewhere- anywhere else. But Satoru encouraged Tsumiki's first choice with a bright grin on his face. You didn't think Tsumiki noticed your hesitance as you continually glanced over at Satoru, but Megumi had.

He didn't say anything, but he'd stayed silent, none of the usual quips he had for Satoru were said. It seemed to make Satoru think that the boy was tired or sick, but once they'd made it to the beach, Megumi's new fresh attitude of arguing with his sister made Satoru relax. Only a little though.

You knew Satoru was lying about being alright, but today should be a happy day. It shouldn't be filled with Satoru feeling like he has to fake his emotions with you to seem okay about the setting. It should be filled with him feeling genuinely happy as Tsumiki shouted, asking to go swimming.

Satoru got up, giving you his hand to help pull you up. "You guys know how to swim?" He asked, taking his sweater off.

"I do!" Tsumiki claimed proudly. Megumi looked away though. You and Satoru shared a glance, before he quickly ran over to Megumi, surprising the boy as he picked him up swiftly, placing Megumi on his shoulders.

Megumi yelped, wrapping his arms around Satoru's head quickly. Satoru practically had to peel him off, holding Megumi's hands with his own to reassure that he wouldn't fall from such a massive height.

Tsumiki laughed loudly, chasing after the two with you, as Satoru headed into the water. "How'd you learn to swim, Tsumiki?" You asked, as you hovered around her to make sure she was safe, while Satoru teased Megumi by flicking water at him.

"My mom used to take me when I was little," Tsumiki answered. You chuckled. How much more little could she get? "I mean, I thought I forgot, but I'm pretty good at this, right?"

"You're great ," you grinned, looking over at Megumi, who seemed to be on edge in the water. "So Megumi never learned?"

"He doesn't like the ocean or public pools," she answered, shaking her head. "Thinks about the fish and the people who've probably peed in there."

"Well that's fairly valid." You looked over at Megumi, who hugged onto Satoru as he went lower in the water, getting his shoulders and Megumi's legs wet. "What if we teach him?"

Tsumiki grinned. "That would be great."

It would've been if it wasn't such a grueling task.

Megumi screeched, louder than you'd ever heard anyone yell at the touch of water, whenever Satoru let go of him, or when Tsumiki even poked at him to tease him.

He was a quick learner, he just didn't want to learn.

"Pee is in my mouth!" Megumi grumbled as Satoru and Tsumiki covered their mouths to hide their laughter, but failed because the rest of their body was shaking from holding back.

"You're being dramatic, Megumi!" You exclaimed, chuckling. "I never expected that from you!"

"I'm not ," he stomped, the water splashing up, into your face. "See, how do you like pee in your face ?"

"You know what ," you grinned evilly, wiggling your fingers as you narrowed your eyes on Megumi.

Tsumiki gasped, whispering to Satoru. "What is she going to do?"

Satoru grinned, whispering back. "That's the scary part. You never know."

You swooped Megumi up, and he tried to squirm out of your hands. "You're just a big baby at heart Megumi!"

Megumi turned really red, and yelled, "Okay ! I'll swim!" You dropped Megumi in the water, the splash hitting Tsumiki and Satoru in the face. They laughed for a moment before seeing Megumi swim a lap around everyone, and instead watched in silent shock.

When Megumi came back, fairly quickly, glaring at everyone you all stared at him. You broke the silence eventually. "Where did you learn to swim like that?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "It's easy."

Tsumiki grabbed Megumi, daring him to swim around with her. As the two did that, Satoru smiled proudly as he looked over at you.

"That's my kid!"

"Our kid!"

"Yeah, my bad! Our kid!"

"Oh my god!" Tsumiki yelled. "It's a sea cucumber! Y/N, come look!"

"It's so gross!" You yelled back, laughing.

Satoru smiled. Maybe the beach wasn't as bad as he thought it was.