@helpmyknees

You let out a long sigh, shutting the door behind you, leaning your head against the door as you finally felt every bit of exhaustion wave over your body.

"Welcome home!" Satoru called out, running to the front door like Tsumiki always did when she heard someone come in. Unlike Tsumiki, he had a slight frown as he watched the way you were slouched against the door.

Despite being tired, you smiled at him, reaching out your hands. He was right in front of you quickly, wrapping his arms around you and letting you lazily drape yours over his shoulder, as you both swayed slightly.

He mumbled into your shoulder. "Are you okay?"

You sighed again. "Yeah. It wasn't too bad... just tiring."

Satoru pulled back, raising a brow. "You're sure? You're not hiding anything just to not make me worried, right?"

You nodded. "My brothers called me secretly. Wanted to sway me from being with you 'cause it'll tarnish the clan's name or whatever. I told them that I was leaving."

Satoru's eyes widened. "What? Like out the door?"

You chuckled, slapping his shoulder lightly. "No, like, the clan."

He was more shocked. "And that went over well? You're alive?" His eyebrows furrowed as he took your arm, inspecting it. "This is you, right? Not some clone you've left to comfort me after your death?"

You rolled your eyes, grinning. "It was my less... annoying brothers. Honestly the one who was on me most about it was... Haru."

Satoru frowned, rubbing your back. "Oh. I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine," you shook your head, blinking back any moisture that might start building up in your eyes. "I love him but... Haru has to learn to grow up. He has to learn that just because I'm becoming an adult, it doesn't mean that he's going to be left all alone or something..."

"I mean, it must feel terrible for him," Satoru sighed. "I'd try and talk to him, but y'know..."

"Yeah," you huffed. "He hates you."

"But the others... will they let you just leave? Can you actually just do that?" Satoru asked. "Because if you can, I would've helped you do that a long time ago."

You shrugged. "I don't think it'll be that simple. After all, what else can we do to stop them from doing anything? If I'm able to leave, they'll try cutting me off from jujutsu society. They'll stop me from being promoted, they'll send every curse capable of killing me, my way. They'll try and hurt the people I love... maybe this is a bad decision."

"No," Satoru said firmly. "These are all things we can avoid if I just"-

"You cannot hurt them."

He huffed. "Okay... well then, what can I do? I don't want them to always be a looming presence over you. I want you to be able to be free. You deserve that more than anything."

"I don't... know."

Satoru narrowed his eyes on you as you seemed to realize something. "What? What is it?"

You gulped. "I- that's a dumb idea."

"Just tell me"-

"No, I won't say"-

"Oh, come onnn, nothing you think of can be dumber than what I can think of."

You hesitated for a few moments, before grabbing his hand. Your grip was tight. Satoru tried to bend his knees to get to eye level with you, but you avoided any sort of eye contact.

"I think..."

"Yeah?" Satoru urged as you trailed off for too long.

"I think you should marry me."

Satoru's eyes widened. You glanced up at him quickly, while he was still in a state of shock and then quickly looked away again.

"... I think you should get on your knees and ask me again."

Your head whipped around to look at him again. "You're kidding me?"

He grinned, cockily. "I will not be proposed to in such a half assed way. I refuse, for now."

You gaped at him, in disbelief. "You're joking."

"I am not," he shook his head. "Ask me properly."

You took a moment, muttering about how annoying he was, before crouching down. You placed down a knee, and rested an elbow on the one that was propped up. Sighing to yourself for a moment, you ran over what you could say before looking up at him.

He wasn't grinning, all stuck up and egotistical.

He was smiling. Genuinely.

"I love you, Satoru. I've confessed to you many times, and I'm not sure how to make this much grander, especially because this is very sudden but... I've thought about this before. How you're going to be the man I spend all my waking minutes with." You gulped. "I've always found marriage scary. I knew my parents would try to throw me into one. I knew that I had to get married to some man that I didn't know since I was a little girl but you... you make me enjoy the idea of it. It becomes less haunting and more like something that I've always wanted. You make me want to become something I never thought I wanted to be, Satoru. A wife. So please, please," you squeezed your eyes shut, feeling dumber than ever. "Please, marry me."

You didn't hear a response.

Just some sniffling.

You looked up, eyes wide, at the sight of Satoru holding back tears. "Toru, I need an answer, come on... my knees are hurting."

Satoru pulled you up, laughing as he brought you into a hug.

"Of course I'll marry you! How'd you come up with all that on the spot huh?"

Your voice was muffled, with your head in his chest. "I've always thought that Satoru. Just thought I would say it in my vows, a bit later than this."

Satoru paused. "You won't regret this right?"

He looked down at you, with your face still buried in his chest. He could feel your grin.

"I'm the one who proposed."

Satoru scoffed. "You better not hold that against me."

You giggled. "I absolutely will."