Zenins' Again!

"They tried to kill you!" Satoru insisted. "Why would you even entertain the idea of going?!"

You sighed, chopping up the vegetables you were prepping for the kids' lunches. "I need an excuse to see Maki and Mai," you explained. "I don't want to go... especially, so soon after that. I thought I'd get a break for a while, thought you'd 'scared them shitless' or whatever."

"I did scare them shitless!" Satoru repeated, waving his arms around. "But that's not the point! I can come with you"-

"Absolutely not," you said firmly, pausing your task to look at him, stern. Like a mother scolding her child, Megumi thought, as he listened in. "You know my family will be a pain in our asses if they find out we're dating."

"All of jujutsu society knows we're dating!" Satoru exclaimed.

"Nanami, Shoko, Ijichi, Utahime and Yaga-sensei are not 'all of jujutsu society.'"

"Mei knows, too!"

"Mei probably forgot an hour after she found out. It's not relevant to her unless she plans on kidnapping me and holding me for ransom."

Satoru frowned. "Every day it feels like Megumi and Nanami are rubbing off on you, too much. Maybe you should start hanging out with them less, and spend more time with me."

"She spends all of your free time with you," Megumi joined in, from the couch. Satoru rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "Is that not enough for you?"

"The thing is, we don't, though! Because, guess what, I can't be affectionate with my own girlfriend - the woman I am raising my two kids with"-

"We're not your kids."

"The woman I am raising her cousins kids with, cannot kiss- scratch that! She can't even hold hands with me in public, because some old shits"-

"Satoru"-

"Because some people on their deathbeds would judge her!"

You frowned. "When you say it like that, it makes me feel... bad."

Shitty, it made you feel shitty.

You were raised in a traditional home. Obviously, you weren't allowed to date, and you were definitely not allowed to entertain dating Gojo Satoru of all people. If you were in any other clan - Kamo, Inumaki, anything much smaller - it wouldn't be much of an issue. If anything, you would be pushed to entertain the courting of the most powerful sorcerer in the world. After all, it could bring a weaker clan much more power.

But the idea of you marrying a person you liked - or Gojo Satoru - was unfathomable.

Satoru had sympathy for your situation, as well.

He was aware of his privilege. Limitless, six eyes, Gojo clan, being a man. Many factors played into the fact as of why he was the strongest and an untouchable sorcerer. It wasn't just a metaphor, Satoru was literally untouchable because he was rich beyond most people's wildest dreams and was never raised with the standards of a female in his or any other traditional clan.

"Why do you care?"

Satoru glared back at the elder - a Zenin, but Satoru wasn't sure how he'd be related to you. The elder smirked. "You seem awfully interested in the girl. Perhaps"-

"Perhaps I should kill you before you suggest anything stupid."

"Okay, I get it," Satoru sighed, running a hand over his face. "Just call me if they do anything, okay? I'll show up as your friend, or something. I'll have Nanami pick you up, even, if that makes you feel better."